Congrats to my Son

kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,232
edited July 7 in The Clubhouse
He is a competitive swimmer and has been waking up for 430am swim practice all summer. This weekend it paid off with a Jr. National Time of 1 06 05 in the 100yd breast stroke. This earned him a trip to Irvine, CA. for a major national event, which will be filled with swimmers and college coaches from across the country. We couldn't be prouder of him.

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,683
    That’s awesome.... congrats to him.

Take him to Disneyland when you guys come out for the meet.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,232
    Thats a great idea. He wants to squeeze in a tour of USC if we can also.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,683
    If you guys are here long enough, you are welcome to come by. I am an hour north of there however...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,694
    Congrats and good luck to him.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,667
    Congrats and good luck at nationals
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,027
    Awesome dedication well done!!
    Congrats
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,941
    Congrats and keep it up
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ PRO. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

• OleBootOleBoot Posts: 274
    edited July 7
    Congrats and good for him. Swimming was the only sport I was any good at as a kid, and most people don't realize what a tough sport it is. All I remember about it now is hours and hours of training and a neo- s a d i s t coach :-). I reached regional level for butterfly in England, and national level here in a much larger pool (pun intended) is a pretty significant achievement.

Odd spacing as s a d i s t is apparently a Vanilla no-no.
    I started out with nothing and have most of it left.
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 675
    edited July 8
    Congrats and best of luck. A favorite uncle of mine was a college swim coach and I have fond memories of watching practice poolside. A huge bonus is that it's a sport he can enjoy for a long, long time. USC is a great school. One of my kids graduated from there last year and the experinc was the best.
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,991
    wow; congratulations to him/to all!

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,212
    Congrats to the young lad. Swimmers get all the chicks. ;) :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • starkillerstarkiller Posts: 2,587
    Nice!!
    Computer room

B&O TX2 W/SMMC1 Cartridge
    Hegeman 1 Speakers
    M&K VX-80 sub
    Cambridge Audio CXC Transport
    Wyred 4 Sound DAC1
    Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre
    PrimaLuna Prologue Four Amp
    Aric Audio Tube Preamp

H/T

Samsung Plasma
    Outlaw 950 pre/pro
    Tannoy Saturn 8's
    Hsu sub
    Emotiva UPA-500 5-channel amp
    Denon DCD-1520 CD player

Garage

Jennings Research Square
    Custom tube preamp
    Crown XLS-1000
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Modded MSB Link DAC
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,383
    Congrats and continued success. That's fantastic.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig