PSW125 repeated Chirping Noise

Hey -- My PSW125 has been working great for a few years, but several weeks ago it started making this intermittent chirping noise (Listen Here). It happens regardless of the setting of anything on the back of the amp, or if it's plugged in to a source or not. Immediately after plugging in the power, the chirping starts.

My brother told me to take a look inside for any obvious failed electronics, but nothing looks blown to my untrained eye.

I'm currently running without it even though it does still play audio over the chirp, but if anyone has any ideas about fixing it that would be hugely appreciated. If I need to replace the entire sub, I'll probably have to pick up something a lot cheaper.

Thanks.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I don't think you can buy a cheaper sub.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    In all likelihood the problem is with the bass amplifier and would have to be repaired or replaced. If you live in the U.S. telephone Polk at 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and the unit's serial number and date of purchase handy when you call.
  • Rathus
    Rathus Posts: 2
    I'm actually from Canada, so I'll use the international number listed on the website (+1.410.358.3600)

Thanks for the advice Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    You're welcome. It might be best to send an email to: Walter.Moser@soundunited.com this is the Canadian manager's address.