The LeBron Lakers??

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    la2vegas wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Mr. I broke my hand, and a week later the cast is off ? That Lebron ?

Good luck to him, but I have a feeling his ego won't sit well no matter where he goes.

Tony you might have embraced his ego if he even had the misfortune of signing with that team from Chicago.

Then you don't know Chicago fans. Ego's don't fly well around here, and the ones with them don't last long.

I said earlier his ego was going to get in the way of the team.....I was spot on given recent news.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb

Good luck to him, but I have a feeling his ego won't sit well no matter where he goes.

Tony you might have embraced his ego if he even had the misfortune of signing with that team from Chicago.

Then you don't know Chicago fans. Ego's don't fly well around here, and the ones with them don't last long.

I said earlier his ego was going to get in the way of the team.....I was spot on given recent news.

Chicago fans are no different than anywhere else, but you keep believing that if it makes you feel better. :D

Baloney, name me one on any of our teams that has an Lebron type ego.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ^^No Chicago team has talent good enough to warrant a Lebron type ego.

Except may be hockey?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    edited November 2018

Chicago fans are no different than anywhere else, but you keep believing that if it makes you feel better. :D

Baloney, name me one on any of our teams that has an Lebron type ego.

Now or ever?

Both.

Lets see....we had a pretty darn good basketball Team in the Jordan era. Any ego's there ? Hockey team....they won a few championships themselves, any ego's there ? Baseball....Cubs won a world series, any ego's on that team ? Sox's ? Bears ? The only one that comes close is McMann from the 85 bears, he had an ego, and we hated the dude, still do.

Lebron's ego is his downfall. Cleveland to Miami, back to Cleveland, now in L.A., and he'll move on from there.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    "egos" doesn't need an apostrophe. What is this fuggery?
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2018
    Michael Jordan did not have an Ego...! That guy is a major a$$hat to this very day.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• tonyb
    No, he didn't. He was always humble, on court or off. Privately, he might be a d-bag, I dunno. He was always very good at protecting his brand....his name.

His public life though, never showed a Lebron type ego. Maybe the best gauge, is to ask hometown fans how they feel about anyone of their athletes. Ask Cleveland fans how they feel about Lebron, and Chicago fans about Jordan.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Cleveland Fans love Lebron, still do. He made amends when he came back and won them a championship. So there is your answer.

• tonyb
    Not the Cleveland fans I know, who live there.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Khalil Mack’s EGO is so big, I don’t know how he makes it down the tunnel at Soldier Field....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616

Dennis Rodman fit in quite well for second half of the championship runs by the Bulls. Despite the bad boy history with the Pistons, Chicago embraced him, his ego, and his talent wholeheartedly. He was an integral part of those last 3 championships.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • tonyb
    Rodman....I'll give ya that one. Though he was never "embraced". Maybe more so a means to an end. Nobody cried when he left.

Mack....give me an example of this. I have not heard a peep about him saying crap about his team, how everyone else needs to play up to his level, how they aren't that good without him.....stuff like that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dude, just say you can't stand LeBron and move on.

• tonyb
    Dude, just say you can't stand LeBron and move on.

I already did, but some think that his type of ego is just standard in sports.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited November 2018

I think that no player should be allowed to leave any given team on their own. The team owner should have full discretion about when a player leaves. Kinda like a good ole boy system to ensure things run smoothly.
  • tonyb
    krazypolk wrote: »

I think that no player should be allowed to leave any given team on their own. The team owner should have full discretion about when a player leaves. Kinda like a good ole boy system to ensure things run smoothly.

C'mon man, seriously ? Maybe you shouldn't be able to leave your job without the owners permission. It's a job, they get paid to do a service. They have a contract for that service outlining terms and conditions/pay.

What your advocating there is basically slavery.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    edited November 2018
    LeBron's Ego will be a billionaire someday. While Tonyb is still scratching around in the sofa cushions looking for cig money. And all the while waiting for another tax cut, so he can get a raise.

• tonyb
    Probably right Motor, except I won't be a d-bag unlike him. Money, in my eyes anyway is no determination of ones worth. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb wrote: »

C'mon man, seriously ? Maybe you shouldn't be able to leave your job without the owners permission. It's a job, they get paid to do a service. They have a contract for that service outlining terms and conditions/pay.

What your advocating there is basically slavery.

Really? What slave do you know of that's gotten paid hundreds of millions of dollars? Don't try to overanalyze what I stated.
  • tonyb
    I'm not, your basically saying an owner of a team should own the players, period. Deny them the right to move freely, unless they have permission from the owners.

You think they would get paid what they do, if the owner had the option to keep them forever ? Think about what you said pal....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited November 2018
    I'm not, your basically saying an owner of a team should own the players, period. Deny them the right to move freely, unless they have permission from the owners.

You think they would get paid what they do, if the owner had the option to keep them forever ? Think about what you said pal....

I'm basically saying no such thing. You're trying to make something out of nothing. But that's just you, I guess.

I'm out argue with yourself, I hope you lose.
  • Viking64
    I don't know who this LeBaron Jones is, but he's probably not fit to rake the leaves from my basketball diamond.
  • motorhead43026
    edited November 2018
    ^^Don't worry, the Finnish are sending help to rake.

• Viking64
    edited November 2018
    ^^Don't worry, the Finnish are sending help to rake.

They better not SUE, because they OWE ME. (Get it? Sue, owe me? Suomi?) MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomi
  • motorhead43026
    edited November 2018
    I am a Swede, I like Fins.

• tonyb

Ok then, I'll give you the opportunity for clarification of the above statement.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    I am a Swede, I like Fins.

I like Fins on a Chevy, does that count ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    edited November 2018
    ^^only on a 57 Bel Air.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Cadillac had the best fins of all...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Ohio boy and big time Cleveland sports fan here...guess what we love Lebron. He knows he’s great, obviously, but he is one of the best team players ever, completely unselfish on the court, to a fault really. Off the court he is a family man, philanthropist, and a positive role model to our youth. Anyone who has played with with him, would tell you he is the hardest worker on the team , always the first to show up and last to leave.

He continuously shows good sportsmanship too, and, has earned the respect of almost every player, coach, and official in the game.

Ego problem, gimme a break. He’s a generational talent, it’s confidence he displays not ego.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant