Can anyone help me identify these speakers? Over 20 years old.

0farvhe62429.jpeg

Answers

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,535
    Polk RT600
    No need for 3 threads asking the same thing.
    Welcome to club Polk.
  • johnjonesjrjohnjonesjr Posts: 5
    Sorry, wasn’t sure if I was doing it right. I got it now tho.
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 733
    F1nut wrote: »
    You might consider dusting and running the vacuum before posting pics.

Perhaps he didn't own it. Maybe he saw it at an estate sale and just took a picture of it. I know when I go to an estate sale, I rarely take along my Dyson. Sometimes...but not often. lol
    Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers.
    Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player.
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 733
    F1nut wrote: »
    You might consider dusting and running the vacuum before posting pics.

Hey, I just saw his similar post in another section where he said he bought these speakers over 20 years ago. You are absolutely right! He should have cleaned them up a bit.

Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers.
    Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,471
    Hey, priorities man! Dusty speakers still sound good!

Actually I'm weird about keeping my gear looking good. I absolutely HAVE to dust my speakers, all components, and what parts of my rack I can with a soft microfiber towel before I use my system. It's like a routine that I have.
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Hey, I just saw his similar post in another section where he said he bought these speakers over 20 years ago. You are absolutely right! He should have cleaned them up a bit.

Got Dayens?
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,777
    Same here, although I only dust when it’s necessary, and there are levels of necessity for me. If it is my audio gear, I probably dust once a week or so. If it’s my desk, 2-3 weeks. So on and so forth until you get to random Knick knacks, which can be anywhere from a month to a year. :lol:
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    Main setup:
    Speakers are one of three, Mission Freedom 770 IV’s, Polk LSi25’s, or Polk SDA-CRS (stock XO, SL2000’s, Blade/Blade model). Electronics are as follows: for the LSi’s and SDA’s, a Technics SU-v75 acting as a phono preamp, into a Yamaha RX-v665, into a Crown XLi800 power amplifier. For the Missions, I have a Lafayette LR-1100. Turntable is a Technics SL-3200, with a Shure M97xE. Cables are generic/soon to be replaced garbage.
    An old post I found on AK, from 2013.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,710
    Dust on the cones alters the T-S parameters.

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • stuweestuwee Posts: 1,531
    Clipdat wrote: »

Actually I'm weird about keeping my gear looking good. I absolutely HAVE to dust my speakers, all components, and what parts of my rack I can with a soft microfiber towel before I use my system. It's like a routine that I have.

Ha! I have to actually vacuum my Martin Logan panels every 2 months, makes my back hurt, up and down. dusty ML's sound like crap. We all have to bow to the audio gods every now and then to get what we want!?!

I'm still waiting for some Polkies in southern AZ to invite me for a listen, I bring food and bevs!!

Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,745
    stuwee wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »

Ha! I have to actually vacuum my Martin Logan panels every 2 months, makes my back hurt, up and down. dusty ML's sound like crap. We all have to bow to the audio gods every now and then to get what we want!?!

I'm still waiting for some Polkies in southern AZ to invite me for a listen, I bring food and bevs!!

If they don't invite you just show up uninvited and see who blinks first. ;)
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.