Silly question about SDA SRS 2.3

Options
bassfann
bassfann Posts: 151
edited June 2018 in Vintage Speakers
If I don’t hook up the interconnect wire,can I bridge my amp to power them ? It’s a Bryson 8B. I understand it’ll make them ordinary speakers,but just asking.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• bassfann
    Options
    It’s a 125x2,or 400x2 bridged.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    edited June 2018
    Options
  • bassfann
    Options
    **** autocorrect. Sda SRS
  • bassfann
    Options
    bassfann wrote: »
    It’s a 125x2,or 400x2 bridged.
    125x4,400x2

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Bridging raises the noise floor meaning you'll get better sound quality leaving it in stereo mode. That's not to mention losing the SDA capability as well as 2 less drivers per cabinet producing frequencies above 100Hz.

Hopefully you've now come to the realization it would be a bad idea.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bassfann
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Bridging raises the noise floor meaning you'll get better sound quality leaving it in stereo mode. That's not to mention losing the SDA capability as well as 2 less drivers per cabinet producing frequencies above 100Hz.

Hopefully you've now come to the realization it would be a bad idea.
    I should really just look for different amps ! I sold one of my Yamaha mx1000 amps,it sounded beautiful on the 2.3 set. I have another,but I haven’t done the speaker post upgrade yet,so no posts on the rear right now.