Dolby Atmos on Polk MagniFi MAX SR

Options
Hello Polk and Polk fans!

I was wondering greatly about Dolby Atmos...

First, does the Polk MagniFi MAX SR somewhat support Dolby Atmos in the way that it can receive the signal? Is it at least compatible?

And if not, can I use a receiver that is compatible with Dolby Atmos and send the signal back to the Polk MagniFi MAX SR and expect a slight difference in sound???

Thank you!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    The MagniFi Max SR doesn't support Dolby Atmos. I'm afraid I have no idea about your second question, but if a person already has a surround sound receiver with Dolby Atmos they should probably go ahead and add speakers to it and not need a soundbar.
  • laelle
    laelle Posts: 100
    Options
    Thank you very much for your answer Kenneth!

It is a bit disappointing though but I kinda expected that...

It would be awesome if they would or could release an update to at least support it...

I bet it sounds awesome with Dolby Atmos even without the extra speakers, a bit like the Sony Vertical Engine used on the HT-Z9F...

If anyone tried a Dolby Atmos receiver with the soundbar and noticed a difference in sound, feel free to add to the conversation!!! I am extremely interested!!!

Thank you again!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    To be honest with you I'd venture Polk is having enough of a challenge adding two wireless surrounds without causing connectivity and noise issues.
  • laelle
    laelle Posts: 100
    Options
    I agree!

That’s why I said COULD because to be also honest with you I don’t even know if it’s possible to add Dolby Atmos support through a firmware update...

Looking forward to hear from someone who tried Dolby Atmos support with their receiver and hear a positive difference!!!
  • AVALONFX
    AVALONFX Posts: 2
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Yes, I use Polk MagniFi Max SR on Asrock Beebox N3150. Windows 10Pro and trial Dolby Atmos played through Kodi as something completely different. It played great and I also played with sound settings in Windows Stereo, Win Sonic, Dolby Atmos, DTS X. it's great so it's a software issue. MAX SR needs new firmware and it will play like never played before! Cracking in SRThis is my experience. they are still.
    My English is weaker so sorry!