Pacific Rim Uprising

mantismantis Posts: 14,908
I picked this up yesterday and actually sat down and watched it Last night.
It's a movie that gets going and doesn't really stop. I found getting to the end of the movie surprising as I thought it went by quick.
It's a fun movie if your into that Japanese Mech Monster type movies.

Audio wise it was very good. Dynamic and some really cool sound effects. I found myself really digging the overall experience.
Video wise it's clean and clear it's in 4k HDR. I also have the 3D version that came with it. I'll have to fool around with that for a minute but I'm no fan of 3D.

If you enjoyed the first one then your enjoy this version.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,835
    Nice. I purchased the original Pacific Rim on BluRay and have yet to watch it. Thanks for the reminder, I should find some time and crank it up this weekend.
    Got Dayens?
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,483
    My only complaint was that they didn't let Ramin Djawadi compose the score for the second installment of Pacific Rim. Lorne Balfe isn't bad per say but he is better suited to Mission: Impossible than Pacific Rim.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,204
    Just finished watching it in 4k, not bad turned it up and enjoyed it I agree sounds great, but not near as good as the first one.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,908
    Agreed , the First one was a better movie all together.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,677
    When I eat Polynesian food, I get a "Pacific Rim Uprising".
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,555
    The first one was better
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,016
    The commercials really lined up with my thoughts of the movie... it was fun but the first was much better...
    Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,032
    The title of this thread just makes the little 13yo kid in me giggle a little...
    Sounds like one OF THOSE movie's lol
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,668
    edited June 30
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The title of this thread just makes the little 13yo kid in me giggle a little...
    Sounds like one OF THOSE movie's lol

You been peaking in dad's closet?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 5,289
    Anybody notice they played the Troll Song?

HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7702 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo BDP-103D | Sony PS4 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 64" Plasma | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A23 x2 Amps Parsound Halo A21 Amp & P5 Pre | Marantz SR5011 AVR | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's| Usher BE-616 Center|KEF T100 Surrounds | SVS SB2000 Sub |Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | Marantz SA8004 SACD | Bluesound Node 2 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | HP Elite Slice PC |Samsung 50" SUHD TV

Patio Polk Atrium 8's |Marantz 2252B |

Office Bluesound Node | Audioengine P4 | Peachtree Nova 125SE |

Closet | SDA SRS 2.3's | Monitor 5B's Yamaha M80 | Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2385