With much regret... Polk LSi25s, Ebony finish

For sale is my beloved pair of Polk LSi25s. They are in fair physical condition, with scratches on the top, but the gloss black veneer is almost flawless on the sides, front, and back. The wood side panels are scratched and nicked in places although not noticeable unless up close, and in one area the wood veneer began to peel, although I successfully used wood glue to glue it all back down, and it is not hard to notice from more than a foot away. all the drivers are flawless, the crossovers are perfect, and one of the subwoofer amplifiers works perfectly. the other blows its fuse in a matter of seconds. I was never able to figure out what was wrong with it, but if I find something, I will repair it.
I'd give them a 6/10 physical condition, 8.5/10 functional because of the failed subwoofer amplifier.
With much sadness, $400 firm, as I will need to get that money out of these. local pickup only.
I will post pics later, and I will do some form of a "family photo" like CH46E did with all of my gear.
Micah
2 channel
Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
CDP: Technics SL-PC20
Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)

Comments

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,275
    Location?

Several close up pics even with just your iPad will be very helpful. GLWS!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,177
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Location?

Several close up pics even with just your iPad will be very helpful. GLWS!

Oh yes! 45ish minutes out of Orlando.
    I am about to take pics, and later I will have nicer pics from my mom's Canon EOS 5D MK II, but her camera took them as a raw file so she needs to help me edit them on her mac. I could probably figure out how to edit them if she didn't have a Mac :wink:
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables

Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    For some reason my tablet is unwilling to take pictures right now, and I don’t have another device I can use, so I will come back later once I’ve got it all figured out.
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

yutlk0zdeomc.jpeg
    wdzr08dt782b.jpeg
    4e5owwlq4ryv.jpeg
    e58n016x5gar.jpeg
    7m1369e5a48m.jpeg
    4c5sl0mrclk0.jpeg
    nnagpdnklcaw.jpeg
    tob3flc4n1us.jpeg
    6h4x69yz3rrg.jpeg
    gesskvsj875c.jpeg
    afbu2nha78yh.jpeg
    l80zebwroe8u.jpeg
    7abam0v7bcnc.jpeg
    be2cdgqm73az.jpeg
    wt81rrpapgbs.jpeg
    nuxms6t32o6i.jpeg
    lp076mgjnvc9.jpeg
    8yg1q24cud2h.jpeg
    wbc8p1f53gtb.jpeg
    q29ehl2hhmxj.jpeg
    fk5s8srb0u1o.jpeg

Sorry that it took so long to get the pics taken, but I had to get them from behind the Missions, which meant I had to move everything else so it wouldn’t be easier.
    Micah
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

These are officially posted in Craigslist.
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

• daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,619
    Good luck! I've had mine for sale forever. Yours are prettier, though. :)
    Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Parasound HCA-1205A, Oppo BDP-83SE, Marantz SR7008, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, APC S10

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub
    daboyz wrote: »
    Good luck! I've had mine for sale forever. Yours are prettier, though. :)

thanks!
    How are mine prettier? You have the cherry finish, right?
    I don't think they will sell here any faster than yours, but I thought that I should post it for you guys here in case any of y'all want 'em. :)
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

Nope. Ebony. They've got a few more cosmetic issues.
    Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Parasound HCA-1205A, Oppo BDP-83SE, Marantz SR7008, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, APC S10

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub
    daboyz wrote: »
    Nope. Ebony. They've got a few more cosmetic issues.

Oh. If it makes you feel any better, the veneer was hanging off of the side panels when I got them, and only my "skills" (lol really just a bottle of wood glue and a toothpick) saved it, to the point of being unable to actually see the damage until you are about 1-2 feet away. In other words, They looked no where near as nice as yours when I got them!
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

Hopefully there's someone down there who appreciates them. Great speaks.

• CH46ECH46E Posts: 521
    edited June 21
    Id love to have them but like you im trying to thin the heard and raise money for the another project.

Besides, i try not to leave Merritt Island. I hate driving to Orlando! ;)
    CH46E wrote: »
    Id love to have them but like you im trying to thin the heard and raise money for the another project.

Besides, i try not to leave Merritt Island. I hate driving to Orlando! ;)

Orlando traffic stinks. At least, it stinks until you’ve been to Jacksonville! :# Then again though, I don’t actually live in Orlando.
    Are you sure that you want to thin the herd? One more cant hurt, right? :tongue:
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

REDUCED PRICE $385 OBO.
    We can drive one hour from our location to meet you, if that will help anyone.
    Micah
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup