Prayers for my youngest

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,683
    You are too young to know who Farrah Fawcett-Majors was. And thank God she got her looks from your wife and not you. :p

Glad things are looking up Dan.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,793
    Great news!!!
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,659
    edited June 19
    You are too young to know who Farrah Fawcett-Majors was.

No I'm not.... I grew up on regular OTA TV (didn't have cable till I hit 22)..... so Hogans Hero's, McHale's Navy, Wild Wild West, Ponderosa, The Rifleman, and Charlies Angels were what I grew up with.....
    And thank God she got her looks from your wife and not you. :p

Both girls got their looks from my wife..... so I'm screwed. I'm saving for shooting lessons and both a shotgun and a handgun (and my conceal and carry permit :smile:)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    In reruns.....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,393
    Glad to hear everything is panning out alright. My daughter slipped on some bubbles one time and smacked the back of her head on concrete when she was 3 years old. Thank gosh she takes after me and has a thick head!
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Yamaha AV34
    TT: Pioneer PL510
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' 4K

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Grado SE80
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Polk RTA11TL
    Polk TSI200s
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    In reruns.....

That I give you, all re-runs, but still good :grin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,015
    Great news, she's a doll! How old, about 4?
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Great news, she's a doll! How old, about 4?

Nope.... all of 2 :smile:. Skye, my oldest is 5.
    edited June 19
    Perhaps we should introduce her to Jayden....f0xhh8hcfyq9.jpeg

The kid is going places. He already owns more than thirty cars!

• daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,619
    Great to hear! Kids can scare the crap out of you.
    Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Parasound HCA-1205A, Oppo BDP-83SE, Marantz SR7008, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, APC S10

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 274
    Perhaps we should introduce her to Jayden....f0xhh8hcfyq9.jpeg

The kid is going places. He already owns more than thirty cars!

I've never had kids, always struggled to get on with them, but OMG, that is one of the cutest kids I have ever seen. Congrats
    I started out with nothing and have most of it left.
  • starkillerstarkiller Posts: 2,587
    What a cutie!! Am glad that things seem to be ok :)
    Computer room

B&O TX2 W/SMMC1 Cartridge
    Hegeman 1 Speakers
    M&K VX-80 sub
    Cambridge Audio CXC Transport
    Wyred 4 Sound DAC1
    Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre
    PrimaLuna Prologue Four Amp
    Aric Audio Tube Preamp

H/T

Samsung Plasma
    Outlaw 950 pre/pro
    Tannoy Saturn 8's
    Hsu sub
    Emotiva UPA-500 5-channel amp
    Denon DCD-1520 CD player

Garage

Jennings Research Square
    Custom tube preamp
    Crown XLS-1000
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Modded MSB Link DAC
  • ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,720
    Prayers sent man. She is going to be great!
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,128
    Glad things are trending positively. Prayers sent.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,206
    Very happy to hear that things are going well, and I am praying for her healing.
    Micah
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 6,533
    She should be fine. Keep her safe.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,081
    Keeping the positive thoughts coming. :) :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,756
    Both girls got their looks from my wife..... so I'm screwed. I'm saving for shooting lessons and both a shotgun and a handgun (and my conceal and carry permit :smile:)

Don’t take “lessons” because that would qualify you for premeditated. Just buy the boomsticks!
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    mrbiron wrote: »

Don’t take “lessons” because that would qualify you for premeditated. Just buy the boomsticks!

I should have typed that as "Gun Safety Courses".
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,739
    Glad she's doing well. Anything that affects your child is tough to handle, I am glad you can relax a little bit with this bit of excitement.
    Modest HT - Pio Elite SC-63, RT800i, CS400i center, RT25i surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Samsung UBD-M7500.
    Even more modest Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS300 center, Furez 10/2, Roku Premiere+
  • billbillwbillbillw Posts: 5,753
    Went through a concussion scare with my son a few years back. Scary stuff. Prayers to a full recovery quickly.
    Main 2-ch:
    Sony SS-M9; LSA Statement Amplifier; VPI HW-19 Mk3/Sumiko Premier FT-4/Audio Technica AT15SA; Pass Labs DIY Pearl Phono; Sony SCD-C333ES SACD Changer; TEAC UD-301 DAC; Dell/WYSE 5010 (running Daphile); Sony ST-SA5ES Tuner; Nanotec Golden Strada speaker cables (SR+#79 Shotgun); Audioquest Coral interconnects
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,572
    Just saw this thread Dan and I'm glad to see the update.

When she grows up tell her she was so smart her skull couldn't take it anymore.

Cheers!
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 675
    Great news. Continued prayers. Scary times when the little ones get hurt!
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 45
    Great to hear she is doing better. She's a very cute little girl.

When our kids are young and they get hurt I think we hurt for a longer time than they do worrying about them.
    DSkip wrote: »
    When she grows up tell her she was so smart her skull couldn't take it anymore.

I will, and also that she got THAT from her mother as well :wink:
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,224
    The "force" is strong on this forum. LOL Good deal.
    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; DH Labs D-75 | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
  • BMF35BMF35 Posts: 12
    Strap a bicycle helmet on her before it's too late. Best advice our Dr gave us when our son fractured his skull when he was a little guy.
  • doggie750doggie750 Posts: 1,148
    Good to hear she’s doing great. Believe me, I feel you, coming from a father of 4 here. Godspeed.
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,945
    Just saw this, sorry to hear what happened and so glad she doing good!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,460
    I'm late responding but I'm also glad she is well now. :) :) :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.