Prayers for my youngest

EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,871
edited June 18 in The Clubhouse
Tonight my youngest decided that dinner was going to knock her of her socks, literally. She fell backwards off the bench in our dining room and landed on her back and her head.

She started acting very weird afterward (aka scared my wife and I $hitless) so after about 10 minutes we decided to take her straight to the ER.

After some testing and a CT (thank god the doctor decided to do one just to be safe), she's got a hairline skull fracture but nothing serious enough to be admitted.....

All that said, I'd appreciate some prayers over the next few days because we are not out of the woods yet.

We have to take her to her primary doctor sometime tomorrow morning, and then take her to a neurologist at Peyton Manning later this week to make sure the fracture is healing, and make sure everything is A-OK.

And lastly and most importantly, prayers that she doesn't make it worse as its hard to keep her down and from running around like a maniac, and another fall could exacerbate the fracture in a VERY BAD Way.

So say a couple prayers for Scarlett, or throw some good vibes our way. I will take it in any shape and form I can.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,070
    My deepest and most heartfelt prayers for her, and for you guys. Show her strength and never let her see the fear. I pray that her doctors are the very best at what they do and their skills are guided by His hand as she heals. May He also comfort you and your wife and keep you strong for her so that you make the best descisions for her care.

God Bless....

John
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• HermitismHermitism Posts: 1,906
    I've been acting very weird myself lately, I may need to look into this, I'm extremely clumsy. I thought people with skull fractures are supposed to wear a helmet, similar to a bike helmet. Or is that just for people "on the spectrum". I sometimes wonder where I fall on this so called spectrum. :wink:

Good luck and hope everything works out!
    2.0 - Marantz NA8005 | Polk LSiM703 | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x2 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | Sanus UF30 | OC703 Panels

6.1 - Pio Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | Monster HTS 5000 | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | PS Audio Power Port Classic x2 | OC703 Panels
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,464
    You got it Dan! So sorry to hear this. Poor baby.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,573
    edited June 19
    Got you covered brah. Very sorry to hear this as well
    Hang in there.
    Sounds like you need a helmet for that wild child lol o:) o:) o:)
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,563
    edited June 19
    Keeping my fingers crossed toward a smooth recovery/healing process for your little one. Keep us updated!
    We have to take her to her primary doctor sometime tomorrow morning, and then take her to a neurologist at Peyton Manning later this week to make sure the fracture is healing, and make sure everything is A-OK.

And lastly and most importantly, prayers that she doesn't make it worse as its hard to keep her down and from running around like a maniac, and another fall could exacerbate the fracture in a VERY BAD Way.

Got Dayens?
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,187
    Wow, that has to be tough to see her go through that....pretty scary. Will send some prayers your way. Sounds like she's in some good hands.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,580
    Hope the recovery goes well, keep her low key....force it on her. Like you said, another bump and the situation can get a lot worse.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,856
    Will do Dan.

You need ANYTHING, call me.

• DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,682
    Prayers and positive vibes sent your way. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 1,850
    We've been through something very similar, very scary indeed. Hoping for a quick an complete recovery.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500, Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, "upgraded" Polk SDA 2B.
  • ManticoreManticore Posts: 282
    Prayers for a speedy and thorough recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound HCA 1500A amplifier
    Adcom GFA 555 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    NAD pp 4 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk RTiA 7's
    Polk CSi A6
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 928
    Dan-sorry to hear. Prayers sent that Scarlett has a quick recovery. You and the wife hang in there and stay strong. Sometimes these things are rougher on the parents than the little ones.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,773
    Wow, scary stuff!
    Will do.
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,361
    edited June 19
    Dan - so sorry to hear about Scarlett. Would’ve scared the me too. Little ones are very tough and resilient. She will be just fine in no time! Many prayers sent my friend!
    Post edited by KennethSwauger on
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 5,928
    Prayers sent. Scary stuff there
    Randy in Maine
    CRS+ TL'd 198 tweets-RTA15 TL'd 198 tweets
    --All TL upgrades by WMG--
    Cs1000p-Yamaha-Parasound
    MIT speaker cables-Pangea powercords
  • stuweestuwee Posts: 1,532
    Scarlett is in my thoughts and prayers for sure Dan, children are amazing in how they handle these issues, we adults can learn so much from them. I'm so very sorry you have to go through this as a parent.

I've looked into, and had my eyes looked into by a child and felt the love that you can not ever understand, they are at once as close to God and yet as far away as they can be. I know that doesn't make much sense, ha! Being so close to the God force, yet so far away from it, as we grow older, we lose something, society breaks us down...

Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • helipilotdoughelipilotdoug Posts: 1,151
    Said a prayer for your Scarlett and will keep her in out prayers and thoughts. Hope she heals quickly.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 5,037
    Oh no, sorry to hear Dan. Said a prayer now and will continue!
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
    Man Cave
    Turntable - 1) Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold; 2) Sony PS LX410/Grado Green
    Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH, Parks Audio Budgie; CD - Marantz DV4001
    Preamp - Dared SL2000a, Luminous Audio Axiom II; Amplifier - Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers - SDA 2A (x-overs etc...); Epos Epic 2; Polk Audio Monitor 70 (my first)
    Thoughts and prayers, do NOT hesitate to get her another CT scan if her behavior seems strange. We just went thru this with a family member, and if her daughter hadn't INSISTED on a CT scan, they would have never seen blood on the brain. Thankfully she's recovering.
    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; Belden 1694A Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,871
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Thoughts and prayers, do NOT hesitate to get her another CT scan if her behavior seems strange. We just went thru this with a family member, and if her daughter hadn't INSISTED on a CT scan, they would have never seen blood on the brain. Thankfully she's recovering.

Trust me, we will. The reason we took her in initially was she started acting sleepy, and fearing a concussion and other issues, we knew she had to go in ASAP.

This afternoon I have a appointment with her doctor and we will see what they say from there.

I have yet to hear from my Mother in Law (who watches her for us everyday) how she's acting, but when I got her ready this morning she seemed to be back to her normal self.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,081
    Prayers said, wishing her all the best.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,496
    Sorry Dan! Prayers and good vibes for Scarlett. Keep her calm and she should be fine.

Somehow with 4 this has never happened, though we have had some scary falls. My son recently decided it would be a good idea to jump off his bunk bed and onto the little exercise trampoline (which is in there to help him work OUT the energy, not break his neck on!). But I have to say that I probably would’ve done the same thing at his age!!!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,742
    She'll be in my prayers. Wise of you guys to take her in.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • DerfDerf Posts: 180
    Praying.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • warrenwarren Posts: 613
    Prayers said
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,274
    Wishing Scarlett only the very best!!!
    SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,009
    Healing thoughts sent her way.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • verbverb Posts: 3,018
    My deepest prayers for your little baby! She's gonna get through this with flying colors!
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • verbverb Posts: 3,018
    Darling little girl! Good to hear so far so good!
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer