Hey folks, moving, advice needed. SDA SRS

Options
Commodorefirst
Commodorefirst Posts: 11
edited June 2018 in Vintage Speakers
After 30 years of being in the same home, (built with a super long wall just for my SDA SRS to have breathing room) We are moving.

Question I have, how do I move my babies? I have a good covered trailer that is clean, but do I lay them on their side, or back? Will be placed on soft cushy carpet and blankets and boxed around so they won’t move. Or should I even think about upright and packed with boxes all the way around to keep them upright. I have full options, this 2.5 hr drive has good roads, the trailer for this trip is dedicated just for the audio gear, and plasmas and HT. There is only one super tough steep incline area, and some curves. But what would be best in your actual experience.

Moving the legacy two channel system is a chore, but I am not selling these or my dual Adcom amps, and Adcom pre amp from that era that drive them bi amped. They still sound very good, and I havent even installed the upgraded speakers yet for them that I have on hand that I bought a number of years ago from Polk. I brought them home from the store in the 80s in their original boxes on their back.

Thanks for any suggestions especially from SDA SRS owners.

Wade

Long Live SDA

Comments

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,173
    Options
    On their backs on top of a mattress is the way I transported mine. No issues.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    On their backs is best. For extra piece of mind, you may want to consider removing the mid-woofers and using some power grab on the magnets to avoid shifts. Plenty of how-to's here, just search.
  • Commodorefirst
    Commodorefirst Posts: 11
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Dave I had plans to seal up the cabinet and use power grab on the mags, but was waiting to upgrade my old tweets first, replacements are just sitting in a box waiting..... hmm, food for thought. A Cap upgrade and crossover work was maybe in the future too.

Now may be the time...hmmm...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    On their backs and short out the binding post, will help keep woofers from moving.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    ^ THIS ^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk