Problem with Yamaha RX-A2070

Milito
Milito Posts: 1,908
I just got my 2070 from accessories for less today and the unit looks great except for one problem. The 5th foot (one in the center) is higher than the rest and it high centers on it.

Anyone else had this kind of problem with the upper RX-A Receivers?

I can't hook it up right now to see if there are any others issues as I'm waiting for our wood floors to be put in. I'm going to call accessories for less to see what can be done about it tomorrow.
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Since it is most likely a factory refurbished piece, see if the center foot was "bottomed" out or tightened all the way down. Sometimes, in a rush to get product out the door, they simply overlook little things like that.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Milito
    Thanks for the reply, that was one of the first things I checked. I even took it off to see if it was seated correctly and also checked all of the feet.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited June 2018
    You could add washers to the corner feet to level it out. Just a thought...
  • Milito
    I called accessories for less and they told me to call Yamaha. I put some add on rubber pads on it last night to even it out so I'll probably just do that even though I'm a little upset the center foot is so far off compared to the other feet.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    So weird. Does the corner feet have the felt pads under them? I’m pretty sure mine does at the corners.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Milito
    Yes