MQA CDs available from Japan

BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,127
I think I will buy a few, rip the files, and then play them through my Lumin for the full MQA experience.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/Worlds_First_HiRes_CD_by_Universal_Music_Japan
Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
Sony XA-5400ES SACD
Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• UpstatemaxUpstatemax Posts: 2,220
    I like the couple of MQA downloads I have.

Nice soundstage, detailed. Vocals seems well placed with good space between instruments.

Living room:
    Samsung PN50B860 50" Plasma : XBOX One : Roku Ultra : Oppo UDP-203 : Pioneer Elite SC-87 : APC H15 : Focal 806V mains : Focal 806V Surrounds : SVS SB2000 : SVS SB12-NSD

2Ch:
    Sonus Faber Venere S : Parasound HCA 1500A : Oppo UDP-205 : Furman Elite 15 DM i : Sony XBR 55X810C Monitor :
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,718
    edited June 12
    There was some negative commentary regarding MQA in the letters from readers section in the June issue of Stereophile.
    Got Dayens?
  • UpstatemaxUpstatemax Posts: 2,220
    The ZZ Top "First Album" 192/24 MQA that I have is closest that I have found to my original vinyl pressing.

Cleaner, black background that the vinyl has never been able to achieve for me. But has the texture and warmth that I LOVE from the original pressing.

I also have the Rhino non-remastered version of "First Album". It's not bad, but lacks the warmth and texture that the MQA brought to the table.
    Living room:
    Samsung PN50B860 50" Plasma : XBOX One : Roku Ultra : Oppo UDP-203 : Pioneer Elite SC-87 : APC H15 : Focal 806V mains : Focal 806V Surrounds : SVS SB2000 : SVS SB12-NSD

2Ch:
    Sonus Faber Venere S : Parasound HCA 1500A : Oppo UDP-205 : Furman Elite 15 DM i : Sony XBR 55X810C Monitor :
  • Jetmaker737Jetmaker737 Posts: 846
    I do not care for the sound of MQA that I've heard. Uninvolving is how I'd describe it.
    System
    Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    PS Audio Directream Jr| Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner