Interest Check: SDA SRS 3.1TL and Dared SL2000a

trav0810trav0810 Posts: 915
I went to Axpona this year and fell in love with the Legacy speakers. I guess it's time to start selling off some stuff to build up the bank!

I have a really clean pair of 3.1's that have the RDO tweeters and the crossovers have been redone, but not to the "boutique" standards. They have all Solen caps.

The Dared came from this forum and had been recapped. It comes with a Brimar rectifier tube and a pair of Mullard and a pair of GE tubes.

I'm thinking around $1000 for the speakers and $350 for the Dared. (Plus actual shipping which would be about $15 priority mail flat rate box)
The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
Thorens TD320
Modified Carver C-1
Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
Post edited by trav0810 on

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,326
    Location?
  • hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 5,001
    Somebody grab that preamp.
    Preamplifier - Dared SL-2000A
    Amplifier - McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
    Man Cave
    Turntable - 1) Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold; 2) Sony PS LX410/Grado Green
    Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH
    CD - Marantz DV4001
    Passive Pre - Luminous Audio Axiom II
    Amplifier - Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers - SDA 2A (x-overs etc...); Epos Epic 2; Polk Audio Monitor 70 (my first)

Central Indiana, 47362
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,610
    @scubalab

Dared....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 9,837
    Dagnabit....
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,444
    You killin me Travis
  • trav0810trav0810 Posts: 915
    I just bought a new amp, Russ. But it's not on the chopping block yet. Van Alstine 600r

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 918
    I will give a shameless plug for Travis. These speakers spent some time at my place before ending up with Travis. They sound spectacular and are in great condition. Travis has sice upgraded the XO's. You will be hard pressed to find a nicer pair. The only reason they left my place is I got some 2.3TLs.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,231
    Hmmmm...

Thinking...
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,021
    Oh man I hope someone buys the Dared before I have the funds... Please someone, buy this now!
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,231
    Well, now I’m really broke... I’ve read too many praises about the Dared from forum members to pass this up.

Temptation gone Micah!

And Dan... STOP TAGGING ME in these FS ads! B) Although I have been looking for a tubed pre and this should be a nice addition. On the positive side, I can ‘close’ my WTB thread...
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,610
    scubalab wrote: »
    And Dan... STOP TAGGING ME in these FS ads! B) Although I have been looking for a tubed pre and this should be a nice addition. On the positive side, I can ‘close’ my WTB thread...

I didn’t tag you in the music hall one lol.... I knew you were looking for this so hence the tag....

Next week.... I’m gonna tag you in ALL OF THEM

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    This has been SOLD!

Enjoy!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,326
    Both? Or just the pre?
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,021
    trav0810 wrote: »
    This has been SOLD!

Enjoy!

Thank goodness. :tongue:
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
    Just the Dared...the speakers are still around.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    If someone was really interested in the SDA's, I'd be willing to drive a couple hours to meet.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1