Bedroom rig:
Pionner Elite VSX-30...Onkyo CS-5VL SACD Player....Polk Audio LS70

Comments

• muncybobmuncybob Posts: 1,805
    Truly gone to parts unknown now.
    Yep, my name really is Bob
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,388
    Sad
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

• decaldecal Posts: 3,002
    RIP, condolences to the family.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Msabot1Msabot1 Posts: 2,071
    Yea..after hearing news about it,my first thought was that Man vs Food guy Adam Richman passed from a massive coronary..but Bourdain from a suicide?...That is a shocker..and sad..His show was very informative on the worlds many cultures..He will be missed...
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,547
    I can't believe he was together in France with his friend Eric Ripert filming for the next episode when this happened. Imagine how devastating that was for everyone working with him to find him in his hotel room like that. Horrible.
    Got Dayens?
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,059
    edited June 8
    Never liked the guy personally. Had a certain air about him. Still, sorry to hear he thought claiming his own life was a solution for what troubled him.
    Post edited by KennethSwauger on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,547
    edited June 8
    lol, classy move. Call the man a d-bag in his RIP thread.

How about instead you just don't post and keep your negative thoughts to yourself?
    tonyb wrote: »
    Never liked the guy personally. Had an air about him. Still, sorry to hear he thought claiming his own life was a solution for what troubled him.

Got Dayens?
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 5,208
    Agree with TB... May he RIP
    HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7702 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo BDP-103D | Sony PS4 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 64" Plasma | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A23 x2 Amps Parsound Halo A21 Amp & P5 Pre | Marantz SR5011 AVR | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's| Usher BE-616 Center|KEF T100 Surrounds | SVS SB2000 Sub |Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | Marantz SA8004 SACD | Bluesound Node 2 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | HP Elite Slice PC |Samsung 50" SUHD TV

Patio Polk Atrium 8's |Marantz 2252B |

Office Bluesound Node | Audioengine P4 | Peachtree Nova 125SE |

Closet | SDA SRS 2.3's | Monitor 5B's Yamaha M80 | Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2385
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,059
    Clipdat wrote: »

How about instead you just don't post and keep your negative thoughts to yourself?
    Never liked the guy personally. Had an air of d-bagginess about him. Still, sorry to hear he thought claiming his own life was a solution for what troubled him.

Didn't know it was required to like everyone who bites the dust. Never wished ill will on the guy either.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,428
    edited June 8

Never liked the guy personally. Had an air about him. Still, sorry to hear he thought claiming his own life was a solution for what troubled him.

Didn't know it was required to like everyone who bites the dust. Never wished ill will on the guy either.

It's not required to like everyone that dies, just wait a few days. Is it that too much to ask?
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,572
    la2vegas wrote: »

Never liked the guy personally. Had an air of d-bagginess about him. Still, sorry to hear he thought claiming his own life was a solution for what troubled him.

It's not required to like everyone that croakes, just wait a few days to piss on their grave. Is it that too much to ask?

I have little respect for those that take the coward's way out... unless there was some underlying disease like CTE or other factor that was literally eating his brain. I have watched people, including my own mother, endure unthinkable pain and persevere. Suicide gets no sympathy from me, except for those he selfishly left behind to wonder why.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,203
    edited June 8

It's not required to like everyone that croakes, just wait a few days to piss on their grave. Is it that too much to ask?

I have little respect for those that take the coward's way out... unless there was some underlying disease like CTE or other factor that was literally eating his brain. I have watched people, including my own mother, endure unthinkable pain and persevere. Suicide gets no sympathy from me, except for those he selfishly left behind to wonder why.

What?!?
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,087

I always looked @ like people have a right to decide which way they want to leave.
    Who am I to judge?
    I do feel bad for his family, like John said, left wondering why.
    Sad deal.

He was my favorite TV Chef.
    Seemed like a pretty cool dude.
    RIP!
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,428

That is your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but to critique someone immediately following their death is low class. I too have had loved ones that suffered rather painful deaths but I deal with my loss in a private manner.

May he rest in peace.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,456
    edited June 8
    F1nut wrote:
    It's a shame that some of you think it's ok to thread crap a RIP thread. If you don’t like the subject matter don't read the thread.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 6,520
    We have no idea what went on in his life, none of us has the right to cast stones.

Suicide or not, there was a reason he went to such measures - none of us should judge that.

RIP Mr. Bourdain, I enjoyed your travels and journey... what a sad day indeed.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
    rooftop59 wrote: »

What?!?

"Conviction, it turns out, is a luxury made by those in the sidelines."
    - John Nash, A Beautiful Mind.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    I think you can judge a man by the children he abandons
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,572
    edited June 8
    He also said he would poison the President if he got the chance...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,203
    John, kindly read the rules before posting.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
    He also said he would poison the President if he got the chance...

The celebrity chef jokingly responded 'hemlock' - a poisonous plant
    (straight from the article)
    I think you can judge a man by the children he abandons

Again, you don't know him personally. Just let him RIP rather than judge him. You don't live a life in the public eye, you might not be born with some of his shortcomings or propensity of addiction, etc.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:

Old Gear:
    re4sey3e6p4v.gif

Hello Kitty boombox

• UpstatemaxUpstatemax Posts: 2,214
    Anthony's passing is a serious loss to society.

You DO NOT have to agree with everything someone says to enjoy their perspective. Some of the responses in this tread show that the art of intelligent debate and being a gentleman is clearly disappearing in America.

Anthony was talented and will be missed, dearly.

Heck, President that you're so fast to "defend" said that he was "very sad" to hear of Anthony's passing.

While I don't agree with suicide, I'm not about to trash someone for an action that was clearly made at a very low point and usually without a clear mind.

I understand if you don't agree with what happened. But there is a time to just keep your mouth shut and move on.

In case you can't figure it out, a RIP thread is one of them.
    Living room:
    Samsung PN50B860 50" Plasma : XBOX One : Roku 3 : Oppo BDP-103 : Pioneer Elite SC-87 : APC H15 : Focal 806V mains : Focal 806V Surrounds : SVS SB2000 : SVS SB12-NSD

2Ch:
    Sonus Faber Venere S : Parasound HCA 1500A : Oppo UDP-205 : Furman Elite 15 DM i : Sony XBR 55X810C Monitor :
    I feel bad that Anthony offed himself but I feel worse for his 13 year old daughter that's all.

Hello Kitty boombox

I feel bad that Anthony offed himself but I feel worse for his 13 year old daughter that's all.

I agree.

But trashing him in the process is cheap and petty.

The man is dead, what’s the point?
    Living room:
    Samsung PN50B860 50" Plasma : XBOX One : Roku 3 : Oppo BDP-103 : Pioneer Elite SC-87 : APC H15 : Focal 806V mains : Focal 806V Surrounds : SVS SB2000 : SVS SB12-NSD

2Ch:
    Sonus Faber Venere S : Parasound HCA 1500A : Oppo UDP-205 : Furman Elite 15 DM i : Sony XBR 55X810C Monitor :
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,087

I feel sorry for you & your lack of respect.
    edited June 8
    Where I am from respect is earned.

re·spect
    rəˈspekt/Submit
    noun
    a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

Hello Kitty boombox

Just another thought, if this little girl was in front of you, would you still hurl insults at her deceased father?

Because some of you internet tough guys forget that this is not a private conversation.

Living room:

2Ch: