Happy 100th Birthday to the flip-flop! (nt)

mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,622
Not talkin' footware here, we're talkin' basic, enabling electronic circuitry for the "digital revolution". 100 years old this month! I didn't even send a card :p

https://hackaday.com/2018/06/04/a-100th-birthday-celebration-for-the-flip-flop/

Thanks to Gary Kaufman for the link :)

k31ewtd1sdig.png
"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)

Comments

• motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,439
    edited June 8
    I thought this thread would be about those things you wear on your feet that trip and try to kill you.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.

Political memes posted as fact and accepted as fact, are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

We use to lock up the mental cases to protect the children. Now we lock the children up to protect them from the mental cases.

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 9,803
    Those batteries aren't 100yrs old lol
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 986
    edited June 8
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Those batteries aren't 100yrs old lol

They are new old stock.
    :wink:
    Post edited by mlistens03 on
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,351
    100 years old and it hasn't caught fire yet! B)

Goes to show you, some designs just work right forever.

Makes me think of that light bulb in that Firehouse that still burned for over 100 years I think. It might still be burning bright.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.