Covers better than the original

1235»

Comments

• MalbecMalbec Posts: 457

Cake doing War Pigs
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,646
    Cake.
    heh.

I once had a guy workin' for me (a relocated Californian) who went to high school with the Cake guys -- my introduction to their music was the CD boombox in the lab.

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • stuweestuwee Posts: 1,511
    Just listened to this again, Hall and Oats doing "Philadelphia Freedom", https://www.bing.com/search?q=hall+and+oats+philly+fredom+video&form=EDGEAR&qs=PF&cvid=9f9877aaae67405b9b43eb5ba153f621&cc=US&setlang=en-US&PC=HCTS

They slow it waaaay down, jazzy, bluesy dig it!!! Hall does some amazing vocals on this one, if ya don't feel your shoulders dipping and moving forward to the beat, check your pulse...
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
1235»