Which System Do You Miss The Most?

2»

Comments

• Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,780
    edited June 2
    I miss my money, the joy of just throwing in a disc, and just enjoying the moment not caring what it was playing on..

I quit chasing, and just enjoy what I have now. if something pops up and I can pull the trigger I will probably do it, but I don't sit and wonder what can I do next to improve on what I have, I quit that nonsense..

There is a couple pieces I hope to own someday, but if it happens and comes around Great!! If not no big deal...
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,946
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Usher 6381, consonance cyber 800 mono, Belles 21a pre, cayin venus cdp,mg audio design cables, 6sons audio power cables......fun times.

I got to hear this one I think? when I stopped over Marvins house! at that time it was the best my ears had ever heard! Will done Marvin ;)

Heard Skips also! Lucky me o:)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • halenhalen Posts: 342
    Usher speakers will always be special. It is the only one I could not let go of. Experienced many but still have mine in a closet, again. I also experienced Marvin’s as well as Skip’s. Though the Mini X was off by a millimeter somewhere. Hehehe. Maybe it was the room treatments.

I have a few more I need to buy and try. Just to fulfill my long ago youth desires. But I already know what I will be content with.

With that said. I really miss the LSI9’s. I had many pairs through the years. I also miss the Hugo dac but look forward to the new Chord when I get around to it. Amps. I will not deny. Pass Labs all day. Tubes. MastersounD BoX. Vintage. Skip’s Marantz, that thing is amazing.

halen
  • MrBuhlMrBuhl Posts: 2,308
    Never had it better here honestly than I do with my current setup... but I really miss the combo of my Dodd MLP and McCormack DNA-1. It was my first eye opener to what was possible. So, I miss my Dodd MLP.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel ,Dodd 50W Dual Mono EL34 Amp, MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp, Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded), A/L 1000VA Dreadnought, Canare 4s11 SDA cable, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Vincent Pho-700 Phono Pre, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / Pangea & Signal Cable MP power
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000
    LA Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp, Polk LSIM705, Marantz DV8300 SACD, Audioengine B1, MIT AVt3 Speaker & RCA Cables, PS Audio Power Punch power cables

Dodd Mid Level Preamp ("on the bench" w/Charlie)
    Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    McCormack DNA-1 Power Drive Amp
    Eastern Electric Minimax CDP
    Infinity RS5b Speakers

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,209
    "Dodd Mid Level Preamp ("on the bench" w/Charlie)" - It's been "on the bench" for 8+ months!
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Never had it better here honestly than I do with my current setup... but I really miss the combo of my Dodd MLP and McCormack DNA-1. It was my first eye opener to what was possible. So, I miss my Dodd MLP.

Got Dayens?
    Ugh. Yes. Got it back a couple weeks ago... not the same, but still great - until fzzzt... done for again. Need to talk to Charlie again but I think it's over. No Gary, No Dodd. That's life, depressing as it may be.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel ,Dodd 50W Dual Mono EL34 Amp, MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp, Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded), A/L 1000VA Dreadnought, Canare 4s11 SDA cable, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Vincent Pho-700 Phono Pre, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / Pangea & Signal Cable MP power
    LA Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp, Polk LSIM705, Marantz DV8300 SACD, Audioengine B1, MIT AVt3 Speaker & RCA Cables, PS Audio Power Punch power cables

Polk SDA1c modded
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Infinity RS5b Speakers

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,209
    Oh wow! Sorry to hear that, that's too bad.

Yeah, might be time to throw in the towel on it! :(
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Ugh. Yes. Got it back a couple weeks ago... not the same, but still great - until fzzzt... done for again. Need to talk to Charlie again but I think it's over. No Gary, No Dodd. That's life, depressing as it may be.

Got Dayens?
    Yea, makes me sad, one of the cleanest and blackest preamps I have owned... but it seems only Gary really enjoyed working on them. Ugh.

Polk SDA1c modded
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Infinity RS5b Speakers

• PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,681
    Can't say I really have a system I miss, but I do miss my Peachtree Nova integrated and my Polk LSiM 703. I think I actually had those paired together at one time (albeit in a bad listening room).

I also had the privilege of hearing Skips room and it was definitely awesome. He's moved on to bigger and better things, but that room was awesome. It was nice watching (and hearing) it grow as well. I loved it when he had the Usher 6311 also.

I'm not exactly sure which components were together when I was at Marvin's place, but I think it was the Belles pre- with the Usher amp, and the Usher MD2's...divine.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 259

Viking64 wrote: »
    Gone, but not forgotten. :'(

ev8fzkiacz42.jpg

Funny.
    TV - Sony XBR 75X900E
    Amps - Marantz SR5003 , 2 x Linn Lk240’s , NAD 2400 THX, Denon 1804
    Speakers - POlk Lsim705’s ,Totem Acoustic Rainmaker's, Sonus Faber Piccolo, Definitive Technology SM350's , Sonos Play 5, 2 play 1's, Mirage Oasis MKii's
    Subwoofers - SVS SB16 Ultra, Jamo D4SUB
    Sources - Denon 2910, Sony CDP-CX355, JVC XM448BK, Sonos Connect,
    Vinyl - Project Debut III, Nagaoka MP-110, Cambridge Audio Solo, Okki Nokki RCM
    Cables - Zu Audio power cables, AudioQuest Type 4 speaker cables, Linn Interconnects
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,939
    edited June 9
    nz26kmiuqp6y.jpg
    5j3m1vmaj3um.jpg
    I miss 2 of my systems for music.
    1- B&K Avr307 and LSI15's. I loved that pairing and really enjoyed my time with that equipment. I sold both the AVR307 and LSI 15's along with everything else that was apart of that system and miss it.
    2- Rotel Separates RSP1068 Preamp , RMB1095 power amp and Dynaudio Audience 82's. Man that was probably my best sounding 2 channel out of my theater system I have ever owned. My Current and still Mythos ST towers are damn close to 2 channel and far superior to movies but man I miss that system. I use to sit for hours just listening to music . I didn't watch as many movies on that system as music as it was more geared for music.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 259
    Those 82’s are fantastic speakers.
    TV - Sony XBR 75X900E
    Amps - Marantz SR5003 , 2 x Linn Lk240’s , NAD 2400 THX, Denon 1804
    Speakers - POlk Lsim705’s ,Totem Acoustic Rainmaker's, Sonus Faber Piccolo, Definitive Technology SM350's , Sonos Play 5, 2 play 1's, Mirage Oasis MKii's
    Subwoofers - SVS SB16 Ultra, Jamo D4SUB
    Sources - Denon 2910, Sony CDP-CX355, JVC XM448BK, Sonos Connect,
    Vinyl - Project Debut III, Nagaoka MP-110, Cambridge Audio Solo, Okki Nokki RCM
    Cables - Zu Audio power cables, AudioQuest Type 4 speaker cables, Linn Interconnects
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,939
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Yes they where. In so many ways I wish I didn't sell them.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • halohalo Posts: 4,177
    mantis wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Yes they where. In so many ways I wish I didn't sell them.

You can probably pick up a set on the used market for very little ca$h Dan. Same goes for the Rotel separates. Put that setup back together for some 2-channel bliss!
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 6,813
    I can't say I miss a particular system but enjoyed the journey of different gear and experiences to 'found your sound.' I do miss by friend Norm (RIP) who helped accelerate the process. Before he passed we were into acoustic treatments which took on the room. Great times and memories.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• halohalo Posts: 4,177
    edited June 10
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    I can't say I miss a particular system but enjoyed the journey of different gear and experiences to 'found your sound.' I do miss by friend Norm (RIP) who helped accelerate the process. Before he passed we were into acoustic treatments which took on the room. Great times and memories.

I miss him as well. He once dubbed us as, "The InnerSound Triad." lol.

I also recall you saying that, "every time he comes over with new/different audio gear, I end up spending more money!"
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,246
    Not as nice as some of these other systems, but my Vincent 236 Integrated with Westinghouse tubes, Shotgun S3.3 speaker cables, and LsiM703 speakers. There was something about it for listening to newer music such as Deerhunter or Tame Impala. I would recommend the Vincent used as a great start down the rabbit hole of serious 2 channel listening. Vincent makes a super charged version which I believe is either the sv 700 or 900 which someday I wouldnt mind owning.
2»