Anybody have experience with SimAudio Celeste W-4070 amp?

I see one locally for sale and well within my budget, just don't know much about them although the online reviews are glowing for the most part.
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,954
    Just spoke with a dealer on a Parasound HCA1500 and while he could not give a direct comparison(did not think he would) he said you can't go wrong with Sim. Decisions, decisions.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited May 2018
    While I haven't heard that specific line I did have the opportunity to listen to their Moon line of monoblocks. They were absolutely fantastic sounding, I remember them being on the warmer side. They were paired with all SimAudio gear (Network player, DAC, Preamp) and some Rockport speakers.

I believe Esoteric Audio in Phoenix is a dealer of theirs and may be able to offer more comparisons as I haven't heard any Parasound yet.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    You can't go wrong
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,954
    So, can anybody confirm it's a common ground amp?