On the Fence: iPhone 8 Plus or X

2»

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,672
    iOS 12 is gonna speed up that old iPhone significantly if you can hold out that long. There aren’t a ton of new headline features but significant work was done around performance and speeding up older devices in particular. Everything back to the iPhone 5S will get iOS 12, so that covers back to 2013.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 986
    iOS 12 is gonna speed up that old iPhone significantly if you can hold out that long. There aren’t a ton of new headline features but significant work was done around performance and speeding up older devices in particular. Everything back to the iPhone 5S will get iOS 12, so that covers back to 2013.

Wait, will this be for iPads and IPods as well??
    If so, I can forget about buying a new tablet! My current one is having display problems and battery problems from time to time, and since it was so old and slow I was just gonna buy a new one, but if they are gonna do that, I’ll just get a new battery and display!
    Also, do you happen to know the cause of the lines across the display on the iPad mini 2?
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,672
    Yes it’s for iPads as well back to the iPad Mini 2. Basically if you’re running iOS 11 now you’ll be able to run iOS 12.

No ideas on the lines on your iPad unfortunately.
    Yes it’s for iPads as well back to the iPad Mini 2. Basically if you’re running iOS 11 now you’ll be able to run iOS 12.

No ideas on the lines on your iPad unfortunately.

I think the display is failing, because when I take a screen shot while it is happening it isn’t there. If IOS 12 does speed it up I’ll get a new display and be done with it. If you wanna see what I’m talking about, you can probably google iPad lines on display, it seems to be a relatively common problem.
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables

Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    8d7alxhue3uf.jpeg
    Not my iPad, but same problem.
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,595
    edited June 7

I plan to hold out till at least the new iPhone hardware refresh is revealed later this year, to see what that may change.

So iOS12 should be out in the wild by then.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
2»