Harley Install

plan to use DB691's in bags and MM1 6.5's in the fairing of my 2015 Road Glide Special. However, I am not sure about which Amplifier/'s to use that will fit in the fairing, remain cool enough, and provide the power/ clarity I will want at highway speeds. Which will allow me to tune them properly? I would prefer to only use one in the fairing to keep bag space..

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,528
    Look into Soundstream for a good micro amp option.
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,490
    Festivus!

any experience with J&M ? I've heard good scuttle butt, but no real world experience . . . Only 1 local installer, I might do it myself but I'm on the ropes

https://www.jmcorp.com/Static/14-15_rokker.htm

Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    Center Definitive Technology C-1
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    Pre Cary SLP-98 Hot Rod
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Source Oppo 105
    PS Audio AC-12
    Wires MIT S3.3
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,528
    Sorry, no. :/
  • quickr1quickr1 Posts: 388
    Check out the HDFORUMN audio section. Several very knowledgeable people there. They can tell you what fits in road glides.

GlennDog wrote: »
    Festivus!

any experience with J&M ? I've heard good scuttle butt, but no real world experience . . . Only 1 local installer, I might do it myself but I'm on the ropes

Glenn I would steer clear of the J+M stuff. Over priced for what you get. You can piece meal a better system together. As far as install it’s really simple to install any system. The hardest part is taking the tank off for the power and ground. But you still have to do that for the J+M
  • verbverb Posts: 2,732
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Festivus!

Why @GlennDog do you have a Harley? Do tell! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Per another thread glenndog said he has a 2016 StreetGlide
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,490
    (I know) Most H-D bikes are designed to "encourage/Necessitate" upgrades. With the emphasis on necessitate. It's another Revenue Stream for them

This example assumes you do not use a full face helmet . . .
    Example: Most riders want some kind of wind deflection from the wind shield, especially old farts (like me) that are the buying the majority of H-D. The stock windshield is useless, literally. Might be ok cruising 20 mph, but nothing more. I was lucky enough to have a fellow rider donate 2 windshields, but they didn't work out.

I ended up buying 2 more from Long Ride Shields. Good Company, good product, once you figure out the height adjustment for your bike, size, etc.
    LRS, highly recommended

Stock rear H-D shocks are junk, too. The guys in the service and parts dept won't deny this. Fronts need replacement, too but aren't as bad as the rears. Unless you live in FLA or TX, where the roads are flat/smooth.

If you're looking for actual shock absorption, you'll need to go aftermarket. Owning a H-D is fun, but NOT cheap, especially if the dealer is servicing your bike.
    I went with Progressive 944s. They're not dialed in yet

^^^ this^^^ is based on my 2016 purchase of an FLHXS

My 2004 FLHRCI needed nothing. But, I poured WAY too much $$ into it (for re-sale value)

I love the style of the Road King Classic in glacier white pearl
    SEXY/Awesome Sauce!
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    Center Definitive Technology C-1
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    Pre Cary SLP-98 Hot Rod
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Source Oppo 105
    PS Audio AC-12
    Wires MIT S3.3
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,695
    My lady friend has a 1200 Sportster. She's a bada$$.
  • verbverb Posts: 2,732
    Very Cool @GlennDog ! I have a Sporty and a Heritage! I know what you mean by upgrades. My Sporty has a lot of mods, including engine (1200), wide glide front end, Yaffee front wheel, custom hard bags, etc., and every bit of chrome you could put on it!

The Heritage is a 100th anniversary edition and the previous owner did the same mods as I would have done! No extra money spent thus far!

We should ride sometime! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer