All this work for a speaker!!

Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,867
qgmvd9szcje8.jpeg

I really can’t wait to have one of my systems up and running..

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,045
    Looks GREAT!

Is that white or silver?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,712
    Gorgeous. I want!
    Got Dayens?
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,867
    Tony M wrote: »
    Looks GREAT!

Is that white or silver?

It’s a white with silver veins..
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,170
    Nice
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 859
    Very nice!
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,467
    nice, me likes
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk T15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,118
    Cool!
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Polk SDA CRS/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,270
    Looks great, Larry.
    I had a similar layout envisioned for my gear.

Spikes or sliders? That is the question.
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,197
    That center actually delivers the goods...so its worth it!
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,867
    67918nf71mzl.jpeg

Thanks guys, I am putting sliders under it..
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,270
    Looks great!
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,200
    Goes well with Viking Purple... Skol!!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• mpitogompitogo Posts: 281
    Nice! And I totally agree the center channel must have the cajones to deliver the goods in HT.
    Music-2.0 Raidho D-3.1 | Audio Research Ref 40 | Jeff Roland 925 | Esoteric Grandioso K1 | Transparent Reference, IC, Speaker and Power | HRS SXR Rack
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,045
    I agree!
    My center. Maybe for life!
    f7korbu894kv.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,320
    Beautiful. I really admire you metal workers. Always wanted to do that type of craft. Woodworking is my thing. We engineers can only design the metal!

Very nice sir!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • TEAforONETEAforONE Posts: 36
    Who manufactures that stand? Very nice!
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Promitheus Audio,Pro-Ject,Hornshoppe,Nola,HSU,Onkyo.
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Who manufactures that stand? Very nice!

Toolfan inc.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Thanks!
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Promitheus Audio,Pro-Ject,Hornshoppe,Nola,HSU,Onkyo.
    Nice work!
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,952
    That looks great, Larry.
    I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I googled "toolfan inc.", to check on pricing!
    I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I googled "toolfan inc.", to check on pricing!

Ha sorry I wasn’t very clear that I was joking. Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ve all done the same at some point or another. I remember several times I did that... won’t go intimidated detail as to not cause myself shame :tongue:
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,920

:smile:

Larry is his own factory and does single runs of stuff as needed for a very picky and special individual :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Toolfan, you probably could actually make and sell those on the interwebz... it could be “ToolFan’s Audio Racks Inc.” that has a nice ring to it! :smiley:
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Toolfan definitely does nice work. I thought it was one of them fancy store bought jobs!
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,920
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Toolfan, you probably could actually make and sell those on the interwebz... it could be “ToolFan’s Audio Racks Inc.” that has a nice ring to it! :smiley:

Market demand for that kind of stuff is quite small (re niche) compared to the other stuff I'm sure his company makes.

Plus keep in mind it would need to be shipped and I'm quite sure its NOT light so it would be pricey enough that most regular consumers (audio forums are not what I'd consider regular) wouldn't be interested.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Market demand for that kind of stuff is quite small (re niche) compared to the other stuff I'm sure his company makes.

Plus keep in mind it would need to be shipped and I'm quite sure its NOT light so it would be pricey enough that most regular consumers (audio forums are not what I'd consider regular) wouldn't be interested.

Good point.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,208
    Nice work Larry! Doubt you will have any load bearing issues.... B)

When does the "Larry's Stands" waiting list start..... ;)

JK....again, very cool design.