Anyone on here do iRacing?

MilitoMilito Posts: 67
edited May 20 in Video Games
I've been on iRacing since the fall of 2010.

My rig.qw09n3t1wzp7.jpg

Comments

• Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,125
    Im old & would need instruction, but
    that is cool man!
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,529
    Hah! I was just asking Jesse about this not long ago.

I'm above average at Forza Motorsport (not Horizon, the simcade), and I have Project Cars and Asseto Corsa but I haven't played iRacing.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 67
    Thanks Nightfall, btw I'm 67, there are a lot of old guys on iRacing.

There's a lot of help available on the iRacing forums for anyone new at it.

There is NASCAR and Road Racing available.
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,125
    Milito wrote: »
    Thanks Nightfall, btw I'm 67, there are a lot of old guys on iRacing.

There's a lot of help available on the iRacing forums for anyone new at it.

There is NASCAR and Road Racing available.
    :* Your WAY older than me.
    That is an awesome setup tho!
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Hah! I was just asking Jesse about this not long ago.

I'm above average at Forza Motorsport (not Horizon, the simcade), and I have Project Cars and Asseto Corsa but I haven't played iRacing.

Jesse?
    F1nut Jesse?
    He is "Vampirish" old...
    Just saying, unless you can fit all that gear in a casket, not sure how he would be intetested? :o
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,686
    I’ve been doing Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2, have not ye graduated to iRacing. I play those primarily because of VR support, if you haven’t tried it there’s nothing quite like racing in VR...it’s amazing
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 67
    iRacing has VR support, a lot of people are using VR there. I had tried it on a friend's rig, however I'm waiting for the resolution to improve along with other improvements.

The competition in iRacing is very good. Some of the real life pro drivers race there, more so in their off season. I once raced a former F1 driver there in a road race. He got 3rd and I was 4th in a very close race.

They have a Pro division in both the NASCAR side and the F1 side and the winner of each gets either $10,000 or $15,000 each season. You have to be very good to make the Pro ranks.

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,227
    edited May 22
    Seems cool, but probably way too difficult for my tastes. I did thoroughly enjoy racing in Gran Turismo 5 online against other players on my PS3 for a while. Using an actual wheel and pedals is a lot of fun, even with a cheap Logitech.
    Got Dayens?