NIN Tickets the old school way!!

Options
Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
9uyhai0zpuhs.jpeg

Trent has everyone waiting in line the old school way..

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Wonder if there is a limit per transaction? Otherwise, you'll just get people buying 100 tickets a pop and it will be right back to online scalping.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    4 Tickets per..
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
  • stainless0steel2
    Options
    Crazy how many people are here! Lol Larry and I probably have 150 people in front of us. And this is behind us. uki9r4zppirf.jpg
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    edited May 2018
    Options
    No way! With JMC again!!!

That association is how I was first introduced to NIN back in 1990 when they were opening for The Jesus and Mary Chain at a small venue here called The Boathouse, this really cool, terribly divey little place, eventually rendered condemned after a hurricane.

There was a little low-powered, independent progressive radio station here, 92.1 WOFM, on the border between VA and NC that you could only tune in on clear nights. That station was like a cool older brother off at college, introducing me to a lot of really great music, wearing my dad's old Sansui SS-10 headphones, doing my homework in my room.
    sansui_ss-10.jpg

I can still remember deejay Al Mitchell announcing something like, "Here's a track called Sanctified, by Nine Inch Nails. They're going to be opening for The Jesus and Mary Chain at The Boathouse in March" (had to look that part up) That was the first song I ever heard by NIN.

This is really cool, Larry, that should be a great show.
    JMC's got some good stuff if you haven't already heard them. A track called "Head On" from Automatic was the album that got me into them, and one of the first bands I felt was "my own" during a tough time in 11th grade, first break-up (which Pretty Hate Machine was great for), and trying to figure out where I belonged. Music like this sort of gave me a bit of confidence to brave the notion that I really could just explore and do my own thing. It was extremely liberating for a relatively sheltered, naive kid. I was still afraid of pissing off my parents and getting in trouble, even though my friends were pushing boundaries. I was reading Walden in school at about the same time, so this went great with whole idea of non-confirmity, and I began to do my own thing. It was great.

Music and literature, not that I read that stuff for fun when not forced by Ms. Giorgi, super-hot but strict and serious English teacher I just couldn't seem to please past a B grade with my essays. (I'm convinced now she was probably a **** in her off time, and every male in my class probably wrote crappy essays on purpose hoping for mandatory tutoring.)

Boathouse-Old-1_big-500x326.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGp47YwDZ48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9kNCqGT4is
    I disabled signatures.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    I remember those days! I like the new convenience, but the old school way made sure more tickets went into the hands of true fans. Many times we got in line the night before or super early morning. Enjoy! :)
  • msg
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Nice!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    No way! With JMC again!!!

That association is how I was first introduced to NIN back in 1990 when they were opening for The Jesus and Mary Chain at a small venue here called The Boathouse, this really cool, terribly divey little place, eventually rendered condemned after a hurricane.

There was a little low-powered, independent progressive radio station here, 92.1 WOFM, on the border between VA and NC that you could only tune in on clear nights. That station was like a cool older brother off at college, introducing me to a lot of really great music, wearing my dad's old Sansui SS-10 headphones, doing my homework in my room.
    sansui_ss-10.jpg

I can still remember deejay Al Mitchell announcing something like, "Here's a track called Sanctified, by Nine Inch Nails. They're going to be opening for The Jesus and Mary Chain at The Boathouse in March" (had to look that part up) That was the first song I ever heard by NIN.

This is really cool, Larry, that should be a great show.
    JMC's got some good stuff if you haven't already heard them. A track called "Head On" from Automatic was the album that got me into them, and one of the first bands I felt was "my own" during a tough time in 11th grade, first break-up (which Pretty Hate Machine was great for), and trying to figure out where I belonged. Music like this sort of gave me a bit of confidence to brave the notion that I really could just explore and do my own thing. It was extremely liberating for a relatively sheltered, naive kid. I was still afraid of pissing off my parents and getting in trouble, even though my friends were pushing boundaries. I was reading Walden in school at about the same time, so this went great with whole idea of non-confirmity, and I began to do my own thing. It was great.

Music and literature, not that I read that stuff for fun when not forced by Ms. Giorgi, super-hot but strict and serious English teacher I just couldn't seem to please past a B grade with my essays. (I'm convinced now she was probably a **** in her off time, and every male in my class probably wrote crappy essays on purpose hoping for mandatory tutoring.)

Boathouse-Old-1_big-500x326.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGp47YwDZ48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9kNCqGT4is

Wow!..I was at that Boat House show!..Lots of very good groups played that venue back in the day..Actually was built on an old barge moored on the banks of the Elizabeth River..In the summer there would be a huge reggae festival in the parking lot..memories of some very good times!..
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    This method of sales doesn’t do much for accessible seating but I saw Trent on the “Wave Goodbye” tour at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago and that is, to this date, one of my favorites. I’ll pass on seeing him this time around due to my own personal budget issues. Have a GREAT time at the show!!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Toolfan66
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I was 173rd in line ( they did a counter ) and landed 8th row tickets...

I will have to say I had a blast doing this, the way it was set up was awesome, and I can see where the true fans are making out this time around!!
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Accessible seating will be sold separately on line..
  • msg
    Options
    Nice, 8th is still solid.
    Brian, how'd you do?
    I wonder about shows like this that aren't General Admission. When they say 8th row, are there really seats?

(I'm convinced now she was probably a **** in her off time, and every male in my class probably wrote crappy essays on purpose hoping for mandatory tutoring.)
    Man, Vanilla bleeped out an important bit about my English teacher. I was saying she was probably a dom na tricks
    I disabled signatures.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    8th should be really good for sound. My taper friends in the old days preferred middle 12th for optimum taping. I prefer a bit closer. 8th is good balance of sight and sound.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Brian, how'd you do?
    I wonder about shows like this that aren't General Admission. When they say 8th row, are there really seats?

(I'm convinced now she was probably a **** in her off time, and every male in my class probably wrote crappy essays on purpose hoping for mandatory tutoring.)
    Man, Vanilla bleeped out an important bit about my English teacher. I was saying she was probably a dom na tricks

Yes they are seats , GA starts at row 46 if I remember right..

• stainless0steel2
    stainless0steel2 Posts: 193
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Brian, how'd you do?

I'll be sitting with the Fox clan. So 8th row. B)
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors