Pre Cary SLP-98 Hot Rod
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Source Oppo 105
    PS Audio AC-12
    Wires MIT S3.3
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,964
    SOLD Thank you!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,196
    Al is first class
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,300
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Al is first class

Thanks Ivan. I'll pay you for that later... ;)

Seriously though, I hate when stuff like this happens. If for any reason at all these don't work for me Ed will have right of first refusal.

Looking forward to these gems!
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,644
    Smart girl you have there, Al.
  • rxonmymindrxonmymind Posts: 19
    Wow! Congrats Scuba. I was just searching for RTA's but none were as nice as these!
    Beautiful.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,663
    Congrats Al. If these were within driving distance I would have snagged them myself. I wouldn't want to risk shipping speakers of this vintage as its a total loss if damaged.

One thing is certain - when Jesse puts something for sale, people take notice for a reason.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,774
    DSkip wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to risk shipping speakers of this vintage as its a total loss if damaged.

That was my biggest fear as I was speaking to Jesse over the weekend. Would have been crushing to see these damaged

Congrats

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,481
    Al, no hard feelings here. I understand what happened. I wish you'd made your interest known beforehand, but that didn't happen... water under the bridge! I really have no need to have these, since I spent about 8 years with another pair. Just occurred to me yesterday that I wanted them. Was thinking I'd rotate them in and out when I felt like a change, but really not a necessity.

As for holding them for you and using them, I think it's best that I pass. Very kind of you to offer! But... my cat has never damaged anything around here, but with my luck, he'd suddenly decide to test his claws out! Or, I'd get rear-ended by a trash truck while transporting them. Or worst of all, I'd decline to release them to you! We don't want to go down that road... >:)

Seriously, no doubt in my mind you'll enjoy them. You're getting some real nice speakers. Enjoy! :)
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
    ;) Sorry Jesse... ;) I might have to back out... ;)

Found these locally, and with a model name like Giga Sound and for only a couple hundred and change more, surely they must be better speakers... right? They have blue lights! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

***In case it's not abundantly obvious, I'm not really backing out, but I am hypnotized by that blue glow...***

snacr88uc1fb.jpg
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,726
    I'm sure Jesse can install some RGB LED strips (w remote) on the back of the Monitor 11's that can provide mood lighting for you. If you spring for the "upgrade" he might even add the kind you can get to sync with the music and change color and pulse...

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Yea no RGB put in strob lighting... then eat the little piece of paper or dot which you may have local....

>:)
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,405
    nbrowser wrote: »
    I'm sure Jesse can install some RGB LED strips (w remote) on the back of the Monitor 11's that can provide mood lighting for you. If you spring for the "upgrade" he might even add the kind you can get to sync with the music and change color and pulse...

RGB...ugh the bane of my existence when building custom PCs...it's hideous!

I wouldn’t buy anything that is RGB if my life depended on it. The only way I would is if I could make it stay a single color, preferably white. Gaming computers are awesome, but the RGB makes them hard to look at, so I will find myself an old workstation and upgrade it beyond belief... but not with RGB. :lol:
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    scubalab wrote: »
    ;) Sorry Jesse... ;) I might have to back out... ;)

Found these locally, and with a model name like Giga Sound and for only a couple hundred and change more, surely they must be better speakers... right? They have blue lights! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

***In case it's not abundantly obvious, I'm not really backing out, but I am hypnotized by that blue glow...***

snacr88uc1fb.jpg

You a funny man......haha

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,663
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »

RGB...ugh the bane of my existence when building custom PCs...it's hideous!

I wouldn’t buy anything that is RGB if my life depended on it. The only way I would is if I could make it stay a single color, preferably white. Gaming computers are awesome, but the RGB makes them hard to look at, so I will find myself an old workstation and upgrade it beyond belief... but not with RGB. :lol:

Oh?

206-Audio-Thesis-pic-7.jpg
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,726
    The RGB backlight kits corn TVa are actually pretty cool. I’m getting one for each of my TVs. Likely live most of their lives as blue but nice to be able to to change if needed
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VSAT88VSAT88 Posts: 579
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yea no RGB put in strob lighting... then eat the little piece of paper or dot which you may have local....

>:)

Another good one Pit
    Very cool Victor, thanks.

Nice Victor
    I have some mw6600 if you'd like some spares.
    Thanks so much Victor!!
    Here are the schematics in case anyone needs them. Al, you still get paper copies.

ihaxseejya1l.jpg

knj6e0wcm0qw.jpg

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,481
    Why isn't there a Not Like button? :'(

Seriously, enjoy them Al - great speaks! :)
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,519
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    You could always flag it, Ed :p
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Seriously, enjoy them Al - great speaks! :)

Well, I do have those black dots for you.......I know, I know