Vintage Polk Family Portrait.

CH46ECH46E Posts: 580
edited May 10 in Vintage Speakers
This is also why i am not allowed to buy Dr1978s LSiM without selling something first. Now, they are not always in the same room like this. This was just staged for the photo. Wanted to do it before i sold any.

Anyone have more in a single pic.

Ignore the KEFs acting for a center stand. And the diy sub. :) :)

hpryjvyevdm3.jpg
gz4x2yobycjt.jpg

Comments

• CH46ECH46E Posts: 580
    edited May 10
    Challenge accepted! Lol

If have to take over the living room to do that. Man is she going to be pissed!
  • verbverb Posts: 2,732
    CH46E wrote: »
    This is also why i am not allowed to buy Dr1978s LSiM without selling something first. Now, they are not always in the same room like this. This was just staged for the photo. Wanted to do it before i sold any.

Anyone have more in a single pic.

Ignore the KEFs acting for a center stand. And the diy sub. :) :)

hpryjvyevdm3.jpg
    gz4x2yobycjt.jpg

Very nice! Let us know if your compelled to kick any of the "kids" out of the house! Dibs on the SRS2's ! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    They are for sale. $450. Have them in the classifieds right now. Just have to get them in FL.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,588
    I have more but it would take "Two Men and a Truck" to help me arrange them all for one picture. I'd have to arrange them on the 21 ft. wall and maybe use all 10 ft. height too. :p

My head started hurting just thinking about the task. :D :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,523
    Do it Tony! Show her who's man of the house :p
    I just moved the 11t back to the living room. I put my CRS back together. One was rewired for a center channel. Going to play with them tonight. Scalping the cross cable from the srs 2 to give the crs a try.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Do it Tony! Show her who's man of the house :p

That task would def. have to be done out there in the cottage. That's where the collection( :D ) is anyway. My house couldn't hold all the stereos and speakers + the furniture in here at the same time. Not even a small chance.

So anything I do out there is out of her sight for the most part. :)
    I just moved the 11t back to the living room. I put my CRS back together. One was rewired for a center channel. Going to play with them tonight. Scalping the cross cable from the srs 2 to give the crs a try.

I LOVE how the CRS's sound!
  • verbverb Posts: 2,732
    They are for sale. $450. Have them in the classifieds right now. Just have to get them in FL.

That is a smokin deal! Quite a road trip from Michigan! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    edited May 13
    Tony M wrote: »

I LOVE how the CRS's sound!

Well ..... these CRS have been sitting here with only one rewired for a center for over year now. I have them up and running and have to say they may bump the RTA12B out of most used/ favorite spot. I very much like thier sound. Very open is the only way i can describe them so far. No need for the sub either.
    Post edited by KennethSwauger on
    4yefya1sgs62.jpg
    Going to need better stands real soon. Im not letting the Belgium Malanois in the room at the moment.
  • TennManTennMan Posts: 994
    Doesn't having all the extra speakers in the room degrade the bass of the speakers that are playing? Especially when playing the CRS?
    SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat · Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
    edited May 11
    TennMan wrote: »
    Doesn't having all the extra speakers in the room degrade the bass of the speakers that are playing? Especially when playing the CRS?

Im sure it does, thats why i have them a bit close together, so that the radiator on the back, was for the most part pointed at the wall and not the front of the SRS2.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,871
    I suspect @FestYboy has you all beat.
    DaveHo wrote: »

@FestYboy is 1/2 way there or maybe a little more.. :D :p
  • TennManTennMan Posts: 994
    TennMan wrote: »

Im sure it does, thats why i have them a bit close together, so that the radiator on the back, was for the most part pointed at the wall and not the front of the SRS2.

I like the looks of those SRS2s. I've always wondered how they sound compared to my 2Bs. I don't have room for the SRS2s so I guess it better that I don't know. :)

SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat · Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
    DaveHo wrote: »

@FestYboy is 1/2 way there or maybe a little more.. :D :p

Currently at 24± pair total plus subs/centers, only about a 8 aren't vintage Polk... Haven't started on the RT or S series yet.
    That's quite the collection for sure and I believe you haven't been collecting for that long either.

When you say "8 aren't vintage Polks". Are you saying there are 8 pairs of modern Polks?

24+or- is A LOT! ;) I know! :D :p B)
    edited May 12
    Other brands, including 2 pair of Sony APMs (like in my avatar), RTR model 2, BIC Venturi 6s, a set of Ohms, 2 large Technics, and a pair of realistics (white cones). Oh, and Infinity Entras, another cheap pair of Sonys, and a pair of white van towers. I should take a census of all the Polks, there's a bunch. From 4.6 through SDA 2...

Ok, fine!!! I'll list those too (to the best of my recollection).

Here we go (by size): mini monitors, 4.6, 5jr+ x2, 5 x4(.5?), CRS-SDA, RTiA 6, 7 x3.5, 9A, 10 x3.5, LF14, 11, RTA 11, RTA 11T x2, LS 5, RTA 12B, SDA 2, CS-50, CS-350, PSW 505 x4, and not yet arrived: RT15. I might be forgetting a pair.

Ok, I lied, I have a lot more than I thought...

Edit for model correction.
    Post edited by FestYboy on
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,405
    @CH46E beautiful Polk family photo, waiting for the photos from @FestYboy and @Tony M. I would share my Polk family photo, but everyone has seen a single pair of LSi25s before.
    I need to step up my game. :wink:
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    The only other Polks ive had in the past was a pair of RT55i. At least i think that was the model. Dual 6.5 bookshelfs.

Fyi, everything in that photo is for sale except the RTA12B and the RM7500. Need to make some room.

Also have a Parasound 2250 v2 in the classifieds.
    Micah, did you see my list... A family portrait of that size is most unlikely any time soon. The biggest reason is most of the speakers listed are unknown to the better half and I want to keep it that way ;)
  • warrenwarren Posts: 592
    Holy smoke, I thought I had the sickness, you guys are the Boss!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
    edited May 13
    The man with the most speakers WINS! :D

WINS what, I don't know yet. I'm still competing for the unknown prize. :# :D

You trying to get us killed? We are going to be a lifetime movie special. "Polk Widowed"...

I was just asked a question about my blade blade srs2. Are they compatible with Al1 Dreadnaught? Anyone know. The questions was asked in the classified.
    And answered there as well. AI-1 requires pin-blade speakers.
    edited May 13
    Lol...

Maybe an hour show on Dr. Phil..
    POLK Audio Speaker collecting is our reason for being DIVORCED club. :/

SF Cal.. There should also be a study as to why there are soooo many selling their materialistic audio gear and speakers around that City.

Just yesterday, my wife went into the cottage to look for a wind chime wind catcher paddle that hangs below a wind chime. I didn't get around to fixing one and the paddle got lost. She was in there for a few minutes and I went in to see what she was doing.

I look at her looking around the room...and she asks: "Did you get more stuff?"

Not anything that I didn't already tell you about. ;) :#

She said I need to downsize BAD! "It's ridiculous," she said.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,405
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Micah, did you see my list... A family portrait of that size is most unlikely any time soon. The biggest reason is most of the speakers listed are unknown to the better half and I want to keep it that way ;)

I would too, I don’t blame you. :tongue:

The man with the biggest collections wins the ability to take first dibs on anything in the daily deals thread, with no expiration date. You get 3 opportunities, and if it takes you longer than 24 hours to reply and claim your prize, you lose it. You have to say “I don’t want it” for anyone else to be allowed to take it unless it I still after 24 hours. :wink: :tongue:
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things