The Infamous Krell Evolution 525a CD Player....

Options
I am selling the legendary Krell Evolution 525a CD player... I have thought long and hard about this and have decided it needs to go to a good home that will put it to good use. This thing is built to standards that are truly aircraft-grade throughout, right down to the buttons on the faceplate that are individually machined billet, just like the faceplate itself.

The sound is fantastic, and detailed, though I find it to be just a bit on the sterile side of things with my gear, as I prefer a warmer sound. Imaging is spectacular, with a wide, detailed soundstage and precise placement of performers and instruments within that space.

And yes... I have replaced the faceplate! :p:DB)

Asking 2495.00 shipped CONUS, but prefer local pickup. I am also open to interesting trades. Keep in mind guys that this was a 10k CD player when new, so this is a very good price for what is still considered one of the very best players ever made.

Pics will follow if needed.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    No dice... That thing has a hex on it.....

;) GLWTS
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    The hex was lifted after I pee’d on it to mark my territory. The musky smell is now long gone but my dogs will still be able to track the scent if need be.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Little bump... as stated, I am open to interesting trades as well.

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    Options
    not interested, but... I would post pictures. I know I wont even send an inquiry to someone without photos if the item is over 100 bucks.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.