Kimber Kable Hero Interconnects

Options
I just received a pair of Hero Interconnects. Honestly, I’m not terribly impressed with their build quality not the fact their not shielded. I suppose sound quality should be the only consideration. But somehow I’m having a hard time overcoming those issues.

Does anyone absolutely love their pair? If so, what do you like so much about them?

My other choice was the Pangea Audio SE Interconnects. Unfortunately my first pair came with some serious flaws in their construction and were returned as defective. Picture for reference:
o9r06v3rk88o.jpeg

Does anyone else have experience with the Pangea SE?

I can’t return these Heros (bought with store credit). But I may be open to selling them pseudo-cheap if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    Those don't look like a legitimate Kimber product to me. Where'd they come from? The techflex they use is black and the RCA connectors are either Ultraplate or WBT, at least for those I'm familiar with.
  • alucididea
    alucididea Posts: 113
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Those don't look like a legitimate Kimber product to me. Where'd they come from? The techflex they use is black and the RCA connectors are either Ultraplate or WBT, at least for those I'm familiar with.
    The picture was actually the defective Pangea SE cables.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I have used Hero's for years, but the WBT type.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    Options
    Wow, the condition of those is deplorable. How did that actually leave the AA warehouse? It looks like a customer return of some cables that got chewed up by someone's dog that they then decided to resell without verifying their condition. Crazy.

Regarding the Kimbers, I used to have a pair of their RCAs and never experienced any issues due to them not having a traditional shielded jacket. The twisted geometry and construction of them rejects EMI, so the design of the cable is actually it's "shield".

Give them at least 10 hours in your system to get a little time on them before doing critical listening.
  • alucididea
    alucididea Posts: 113
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Wow, the condition of those is deplorable. How did that actually leave the AA warehouse? It looks like a customer return of some cables that got chewed up by someone's dog that they then decided to resell without verifying their condition. Crazy.

Regarding the Kimbers, I used to have a pair of their RCAs and never experienced any issues due to them not having a traditional shielded jacket. The twisted geometry and construction of them rejects EMI, so the design of the cable is actually it's "shield".

Give them at least 10 hours in your system to get a little time on them before doing critical listening.
    Yeah, those Pangea cables really weren’t great. To be fair, that’s the jacket underneath the screw-on cover. But still. Deplorable.

The geometry as the shield does make sense. But it also doesn’t exactly sit 100% with me. Hard to imagine the Hero not receiving any EMI from all those power/speaker cables.

I’m definitely going to give them some time. They’re on quite a bit during my theater watching time. So I’ll give them a few days before I really sit down. I also just replaced my speaker cables last week. Giving my system some time to settle in is definitely going to happen.

@Clipdat What interconnects do you use?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    Options
    Right now I'm using Audioquest King Cobra and Black Mamba II.
    alucididea wrote: »
    @Clipdat What interconnects do you use?