Sound control...

2»

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    I never have used a trap on bass...I find that a black motor oil worm with weedless hooks cranked super slow on the bottom works wonders though....

Found the fisherman!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I never have used a trap on bass...I find that a black motor oil worm with weedless hooks cranked super slow on the bottom works wonders though....

Found the fisherman!

Funny. I have a SVS hat that says "The Bass Authority". I have had several fisherman ask me what they made lol
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    My general understanding is that when sound waves pass through a panel the air contacts the fiberglass and is dissapated as heat.

I built all my panels using Dow Corning 705 fiberglass mounted on top of a wood frame and wrapped with a breathable fabric. I found the 703 was too absorbing and killed the mids/highs.

The front face of most of my bass traps are covered with aluminum foil backed paper. Otherwise the room is too dead. Obviously the first reflection panels do not covered with foil/paper.

It is a balancing act and it takes a lot of panels before really changing the room. I have 10 bass traps and 4 first reflection panels.

I my case I was able to turn an echo chamber into a decent room.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    lightman1 wrote: »

Found the fisherman!

My second hobby...LOL!...