Second foray into non-Polk tower speakers

2»

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 29,767
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Try it with the balls on the floor.

I would agree, might be a tad cold though. :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,835
    edited May 15
    tonyb wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Try it with the balls on the floor.

I would agree, might be a tad cold though. :)

Sick muck B) B)
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 628
    Balls on floor. Lmao

I have Totem Rainmakers. While they are designed to have extra bottom end with the cabinet/driver design, they are no where near full range. The Totem towers I listened to with Alan when he had Audio Alternative open in Lilburn GA were very nice sounding, but again not full range. I have Polk LSi-m705’s and the are closer to full range, but not all the way there. I say all of this to say that musically the Totems Kill the polks. If I play pure quartet classical, my Rainmakers will do a better job of imaging and separation than the Polks. But the Polks will impress more people not familiar with many different setups. Because they have more range than the T’s. Don’t get me wrong, I love the LSim’s, and they do a great job and are my mains, but it’s like having a 600hp corvette and a 600hp Ferrari. Both go fast, one does it with super style.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 628
    I keep getting mail and flyers for the Hifi Buys but I am scared (for my wallet) to go down there and visit.
    Great guy, didn’t care if you were spending $500 or $50,000, would treat you the same.
2»