Options
afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
edited April 2018 in The Clubhouse

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Ugh, I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of that. From what I did hear, he's clueless.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Options
    Yeah I had to stop before I gouged my own eyes out.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    All I have to say is... idiotic. Absolutely idiotic. “The only reason audiophiles don’t like Bose is because they try new things” no, it’s because they tried something new that sucked and continued to use it AND their overpriced, AND they don’t sound good. Sorry, went on a little rant there.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I took one for the team and watched the whole thing. I didn't hear him "dissing" Polk at any point in the video.

He mentions Polk around the 2:40 mark and puts them in the same category as Klipsch as being a "Well known name, and a name known for good quality sound".

So nice clickbait title there @afterburnt
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @Clipdat I was just saying he implied that Polk was not particularly innovative in their designs. Polk has evolved all kinds of angles so I was just throwing a "BS" flag, is that "clickbait"? What's clickbate?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Clickbait is an intriguing web link (and/or graphic) that entices one to click on it -- whilst nearly always failing to deliver any content of substance or of interest.

Shakespeare* said of clickbait
    A great sound and fury, signifying nothing.

u3x8fhnou2d2.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    One time, I showed my niece a penny and how you could see Abraham Lincoln between the columns of the Lincoln Memorial on the back. I then asked her if she knew who he was? She responded: "One night, he was watching TV with his wife and a man shot him from behind." :p
  • Viking64
    Options
    The teacher improperly corrected "Massachusetts". :p
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    The teacher improperly corrected "Massachusetts". :p
    Also misspelled relevant.
  • Viking64
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Also misspelled relevant.

I took that to imply that she was a Leonardo DiCaprio fan. :p
  • Viking64
    Options
    He also spelled "seductively", "oval" and "convertible" wrong. To his credit, he did spell the contraction for "must have" as "must've", instead of the incorrect "must of", which makes him smarter than a good number of the members here. :p
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Stupid teacher... I'd have given him an A-
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus