Just when I think I've seen it all...

Options

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    At least your not double spiked. ;)

And it's a solid, wide and deep platform for your stands. :)

Don't those stands telescope up some more?

They do go higher but I was trying to match the height of the other channel which is up on a fireplace hearth.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    That step stool must be made of that exotic Unga bunga binga bunga wood that has those sympathetic vibrations and stuff.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    I've owned AR 58's, 38's, and still own a pair of 18's great speakers. The 58's were good sized, can't imagine placing them on a spiked stool such as that, they don't lack on low end those should vibrate right off that stool, once he puts a little volume on em. :#
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    ....he said I was being rude.....

There's a first time for everything.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    I tried to explain the importance of proper stands to the guy, but he said I was being rude......LOL

Have Russ splain it. You may have the wrong HB dialect :D:D
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    I tried to explain the importance of proper stands to the guy, but he said I was being rude......LOL

I am shocked. Shocked.

:)

https://youtu.be/SjbPi00k_ME
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options

More often than not it isn't worth the effort on ak. Occasionally though there will be some meatball that comes along and wants to stack SDA's and can be talked out of such foolishness.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited May 2018
    Options

More often than not it isn't worth the effort on ak. Occasionally though there will be some meatball that comes along and wants to stack SDA's and can be talked out of such foolishness.

I’ve seen sooo many threads on AK where people give great suggestions, but the person who was asking for help says they’re wrong. I just don’t quite understand why they always argue with the people trying to help them! Several times, I would be needing help, and I would do what the people would say, and they were right! That’s why I never use my account on AK. To many yahoos over there :wink:
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Surely someone out there has put milk crate 'stands' on spikes.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2018
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »

I’ve seen sooo many threads on AK where people give great suggestions, but the person who was asking for help says they’re wrong. I just don’t quite understand why they always argue with the people trying to help them! Several times, I would be needing help, and I would do what the people would say, and they were right! That’s why I never use my account on AK. To many yahoos over there :wink:

The internet is rife with such responses to "help".
    It can be kind of enervating.

On the other hand -- sometimes the advice is wrong.
    Oh, yeah -- that's just the advice I give. Derp.

:p
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »

Not yet, but it's achievable.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options

This guy is on that journey, I presume. :smile:
    zjs1qyweiee8.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    They could've used spikes instead of those metal leg bottom sliders. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    A buddy of mine has a theory that those who commit certain crimes (such as the above) must go to the “grinder”.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    verb wrote: »

zjs1qyweiee8.png

Awww, it's another Anxious Box...

45hp833l3eh7.png

Container anxiety. There should be a cure.
    Please give -- whatever you can.
    Let's strive to make all of the world's boxes happy boxes by 2025.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Throw them to the grinder
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I owned a pair of AR-58's in the early 80's and enjoyed them immensely. They started my love affair with AR speakers.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • verb
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

zjs1qyweiee8.png

45hp833l3eh7.png

Why @mhardy6647 , I'm surprised!
    dp863al7udc1.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    Options

zjs1qyweiee8.png

45hp833l3eh7.png

dp863al7udc1.png

zut alors!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options

zjs1qyweiee8.png

45hp833l3eh7.png

dp863al7udc1.png

Looks like a Hitmaster prototype. Probably doesn't go to 11 though...
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    The more I think about this set up, the more I'm thinking of my new CRS 4.1's and how they might benefit from this modified and obviously well thought out isolation system...

Yes, I'm sure if I put them on the stands, on the wooden step stools (spiked of course)... yes, this is coming together. I may even be able to use some insulated electric staples to attach the AI interface...
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    zvf27py3yn9q.jpg

Image taken from a PSA poster.
    Love your owl -- but don't give it caffeine
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    I think these guys live in the same neighborhood. :o
    p3ygh0fmyq6g.png
    np0qlnvs584c.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    Options
    Qu'est-ce que tu racontes? :smile:
    7aqjhz95upez.png
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Well, since we're seemingly (still) goin' down this road -- the venerable Polk Audio Monitor Series Model 10 always struck me as having a certain buxom anthropomorphism.

11208619575_674f036d9b_b.jpgP1020559 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Well, since we're seemingly (still) goin' down this road -- the venerable Polk Audio Monitor Series Model 10 always struck me as having a certain buxom anthropomorphism.

11208619575_674f036d9b_b.jpgP1020559 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

OMG, I just spit!!! Lol
  • verb
    Options
    Nice legs too! :smile:
    mndiu5fc55cf.png
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Nice legs too! :smile:
    mndiu5fc55cf.png

Ugh.....gross
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk