Vinyl to DSD conversion software

I think I had a free one but lost the link. Hep!
Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

Comments

• billbillwbillbillw Posts: 5,774
    edited April 25
    TASCAM HiRes Editor is the only free one I know.
    http://tascam.com/product/hi-res_editor/

Record in .wav, edit, then convert to DSD. You'd need to record in 24bit-192k or higher if possible to make it worth the effort. Honestly, I'm not sure there is an audio benefit in converting from High bitrate PCM (which can be shrunk with lossless FLAC) to DSD. I know DarqueKnight did that, but he did it to avoid audio dropouts or something like that. Unless its a problem with your DAC, I would compare a few and see if its worth the effort and larger storage requirements.
    Main 2-ch:
    Sony SS-M9; LSA Statement Amplifier; VPI HW-19 Mk3/Sumiko Premier FT-4/Audio Technica AT15SA; Pass Labs DIY Pearl Phono; Sony SCD-C333ES SACD Changer; TEAC UD-301 DAC; Dell/WYSE 5010 (running Daphile); Sony ST-SA5ES Tuner; Nanotec Golden Strada speaker cables (SR+#79 Shotgun); Audioquest Coral interconnects
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,852
    edited April 25
    I am waiting to get my hands on one of these... They should have some new software soon that will work out the bugs. I will be happy to do copies for anyone after I get it.

https://www.musicdirect.com/accessories/SweetVinyl-Sugarcube-SC2
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 923
    I am waiting to get my hands on one of these... They should have some new software soon that will work out the bugs. I will be happy to do copies for anyone after I get it.

https://www.musicdirect.com/accessories/SweetVinyl-Sugarcube-SC2

The demo of the SC-1 at AXPONA was very impressive. I am tempted to save my pennies and get one.
  • DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,254
    billbillw wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm not sure there is an audio benefit in converting from High bitrate PCM (which can be shrunk with lossless FLAC) to DSD. I know DarqueKnight did that, but he did it to avoid audio dropouts or something like that.

I converted all my FLAC files to DSD for two reasons:

1. The DSD files sound better.

2. My DAC mutes the first two seconds of a file if the sample rate is different from the preceding file. It does this because it requires some time to lock onto the new sample rate. Converting all files to the same format avoided the muting issue.

"So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,425
    @DarqueKnight which software did you use?
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

• DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,254
    @afterburnt

I used VinylStudio ($30.00)

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/

VinylStudio features a very good click and pop editor, but I didn't use it because:

1. My records had little to no surface noise to begin with.
    2. I was ripping vinyl to DSD...and DSD, unlike PCM, cannot be edited. To use the click and pop editor, I would have had to rip to FLAC PCM, do the click and pop editing, then upsample to DSD. It wasn't worth the extra time and effort to me.
    "So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,425
    Thanks

Hello Kitty boombox

• pongshipongshi Posts: 362
    I also use Vinylstudio. It can do DSD, but I just rip to FLAC 16 bit due to compatibility and smaller file size. I have found CD quality sufficient for my needs. I load my ripped flac files on to hard drives for home playback and archival. I load the Flacs on to USB for car playback. BTW, VinylStudio is a real bargain at 30 bucks.
    Living Room (current 2 channel setup)
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Dunlavy Audio Labs Signature Collection SC-IV loudspeakers (A set speakers)
    Definitive Technology Prosub 1000 subwoofer (Hooked to A set)
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded (B set speakers)