Room treatments

Alright so I have been having some issues in my new house with bass response and soundstage with my SDAs. I know they can be picky but I feel consulting with you all might help me gain insight into what more I can do to bring the best out of these speakers.

My previous apartment set up was the same Yamaha AV34 integrated to the SDA2Bs. I had them between a solid piece of furniture about 5 feet apart, 6 inches from the backwall. The room dimensions were 13 feet long by 14 feet wide and 9 foot ceilings.

I had amazing bass response (sometimes overpowering) and the soundstage was fantastic!

Fast Forward to the new place:

The living room size I have is 18 feet wide, 12 feet long and 8 foot ceilings. Wood floors instead of carpet at the apartment. they are about 7 feet apart, 4 inches from the back wall I did make sure they were lined up properly with a video game box (CD case were a little wider than what I wanted) while the side walls on the left speaker is about 22 inches the right speaker is a bit more around 40. There is a credenza between the speakers that is about 72 inches log and I have the speakers about 6 inches from either side, there is an opening/hollow section where the mid drivers are so it is not solid where the mid drivers rest.

I have the same Yamaha Av34 connected and the same input (Ipad via 3.5mm to RCA) I also had the crossovers upgraded with the binding posts and SDA IC. The bass detail is way more and tactile than it was before the crossover upgrade which are still early in the burn in. The soundstage does not seem to be as wide as before and at least from my seating position (6 feet from speakers) the bass seems to be very minimal. I can step 3 feet behind my couch and get a good amount of bass but I am wanting to obviously direct that to my seating position.

I plan on spiking them soon but was curious if there is anything I can try or do to direct that bass more to my listening position than behind me. I can save up for acoustic treatments if advised but have little information on how to bring the best out of my space. Any advice would be appreciated.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I also have a dedicated music room that I wanted to move the 2Bs to but I feel it is too small for those speakers at 12x10x8. Let me know if I am wrong, I would rather deal with acoustic treatments than have too much speaker to where a cohesive image cannot be had.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member