Peerless 5514 help

Options
I got around tonight to putting the 5514s in my rta12b. Thought it would be a simple replacment. Have sl2500 in there now.

Anyways my question is on the xover board the tweeter wires are labled as follows. White= HF OUT. And Black = HF GRD. Looking at the tweeters there are a black and white wire, but. The black wire leads to the terminal with the red disc under it and is labeled 8 ohm. The white wire does not have any markings. There are no postive or neg markings.

Do i assume the red disc indicates POS regardless of the wire that is already soldered to it?
Also, is it possible the the rta12b runs 180 out of phase compared to maybe another speaker that used these tweeters?

Just want to make sure i get the phase right.

8mpecsrsqiu9.jpg
qb1aea3oywod.jpg

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    According to my 12Bs, they are wired out of phase, so black goes to red dot. And the wires cross from the XO board to the tweet, so as you look at the back of the tweet as it's mounted, white will be to the left.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,549
    Options
    Thank you. I just wired they up and will give them a listen.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,577
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Phase get reversed in the XO so black is ground in this case. So yes going to the positive side corrects this
  • CH46E
    Options
    Have them up and running. Honestly im not sure i hear much diff. I have not had time to re-run the YPAO with the new tweeters.

The xovers are still oem. I cant decide what to do next, the xovers or new custom cabinets.

Thanks for the help guys!
  • FestYboy
    Options
    XOs, no question. The enclosures, if sealed, are more than adequate.
  • CH46E
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    XOs, no question. The enclosures, if sealed, are more than adequate.

When i press on the radiator it takes about 3 seconds for the drivers to come to rest. Is that normal or is that indicative of a leak?
  • FestYboy
    Options
    Nope! That's normal. Anything less than 3 seconds is indicative of a leak
  • CH46E
    Options
    Oh and btw, with the Peerless in there and after running YPAO i can say that these tweeters are not as bright. Ive fine tuned the HF EQ to my taste. From 12k to 16k is set to almost flat. + - 1.0 db.

But i did notice the vocals seemed to have shifted to the right a bit. I now have to run the right channel + 1.0 db and the left - .5 db to get the imaging dead center.

I ussually have to turn the HF up a bit to compensate for hearing loss.