It's been 39 years, but......

Options

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »

Bev said: "Don't come back home without a Hemi." LOL. I responded: "Yes dear."

ezsclxwlisfy.jpg

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Here's a better look, out fitted the same as mine, with the same paint:

https://youtu.be/Qc5c5x3Q7D0
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Sounds great, and that graphite grey paint is gorgeous. Nice ride!
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thanks--I love it. It's actually "Granite Pearl."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ^^^^ Nice one, Dan! :D

Hey!!

Skinny jeans isn't here to defend himself . . . (I hope he's ok)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Thats a beaut - I wanted to get one when I bought my last car... my wife approved a Subaru instead... nvm
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I'd just recommend a ceramic coating like Opticoat or Cquartz. Never been a huge fan of clear bras.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Get some PPF stat, nothing worse than primer showing through on leading edges. Some film for the headlight lenses is a good idea too, they scratch easily.
    PPF will protect better than Ceramic. PPF is a physical barrier where ceramic is not. Ceramic is good though but a pain to apply.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Nice ride man! Wish I could get one of those.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Bev said not to come home without a Hemi ???

Where do you find such women Steve ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Country girls LOVE Hemi's. She's cool...she said if you're gonna get a Charger, don't be a poser and get the V6, get the Hemi. LOL

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I'd just recommend a ceramic coating like Opticoat or Cquartz. Never been a huge fan of clear bras.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Get some PPF stat, nothing worse than primer showing through on leading edges. Some film for the headlight lenses is a good idea too, they scratch easily.
    PPF will protect better than Ceramic. PPF is a physical barrier where ceramic is not. Ceramic is good though but a pain to apply.

Also, ceramic can't self heal, PPF can. And if for some reason it should fail, it's easy to remove and replace. Ceramic can't do that either.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Congrats Steve on the new car. Yolo, right?! might as well enjoy it
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options

Country girls LOVE Hemi's. She's cool...she said if you're gonna get a Charger, don't be a poser and get the V6, get the Hemi. LOL

So why did you not grab the 392 then again? :D
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Congrats Steve on the new car. Yolo, right?! might as well enjoy it

My pre-retirement gift...LOL
  • steveinaz
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Mileage is bad enough with the 5.7L. 16/25
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    Beautiful ride there fellow Hemi owner...sport mode is a blast.....on the Cat you can pick between sport, track, default or custom....4 different modes to fool with...enjoy her.............
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Thanks. BIG difference between the Sport mode on the Grand Cherokee, and the R/T....LOL. The lines and subtleties of the Charger are still there, like I remember from my '73--though way better power over the 318. Back seat room is almost as good as the JGC.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Thanks. BIG difference between the Sport mode on the Grand Cherokee, and the R/T....LOL. The lines and subtleties of the Charger are still there, like I remember from my '73--though way better power over the 318. Back seat room is almost as good as the JGC.

318 was never intended to be a high performance racing engine was it?...You would have to step up to a 340 wedge in that block to get that jolt of adrenalin...
  • steveinaz
    Options
    The R/T has 2 modes; Sport/Standard; and 3 steering modes; Normal/Sport/Comfort--and Traction Control can be switched off. Paddle shifters are present.
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I broke out the new Ipad 4 mini, here's a better front shot:

3v7d3rfv47bp.jpg

Rear:

m776nxuwacwv.jpg

• Clipdat
    Options
    First mod: removing that dealership advertising from the bumper
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2018
    Options
    At least they did a subtle flat black applique. Already got a dashmat Ltd Edition (smoke), Weathertech mats, and flat black "HEMI" license plate frame coming.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I see you have a jack and stands there, do you do your own oil changes or other maintenance?
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Usually--limited to oil changes, tire rotation, nothing fancy.
  • charley95
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Mileage is bad enough with the 5.7L. 16/25

Who cares about mileage with a car like that. Great shine and good looking car! It's always fun when my buddy and I go for a ride in his HellCat Challenger.
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The pics don't do it any justice, there's tons of silver flake in it. I was surprised it wasn't an additional cost paint color.
  • charley95
    Options
    I know of some great car care products, if detailing is your hobby?!lpwocp6vhk5u.jpg
  • steveinaz
    Options
    I'm always open to good products---fire away! Thankfully, unlike my Jeep GC, there's very little black plastic. The jeep was covered in it; what a pain.
  • charley95
    Options
    Give me a few and I'll post a pic. of what I use.
  • charley95
    Options
    My best Bud spends literally thousands on car care products and has always stayed with Glare Polishes out of Reno. He totally OCD on the care of his Mopar's and I always scratch my head on why my cars never look as good as his. I pretty much go with his recommendations since he always trial and errors products.

Craftsman orbital $40-45
    Glare 3 step $90 - glare.com
    Mother's Speed Clay $15
    Kenotec Detail Spray $22 Amazon

theragcompany.com for microfibers has great product. Chamois are a thing of the past.
    The Glare I've have had since 14 and have over half the product left, takes very little product to go a long way. It's pretty tough to damage your paint with the orbital if used correctly with microfiber bonnets. It's critical you clay the surface prior to polishing so you don't pick up debris on the surface and scratch the paint.

I can go a year between paint corrections using these products. Now if ya wanna go Ceramic that's a whole different conversation.0esppujfu4id.jpg