RIP R Lee Ermey

2»

Comments

• Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    Man I do love those drill instructor rants. Could watch 'em all day. My kids and I used to watch "Mail Call". RIP Gunny. :'(
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I am going to use some of Gunny's techniques on my boy when he gets older. Push ups, bends and thrusts, and sit-ups will be on the menu rather than time-outs and spankings... still not sure about letting him name a rifle and reciting the Rifleman's Creed and lights out. ;):D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2018
    Viking64 wrote: »
    He appeared in "The Frighteners" (1996) as a parody of his own character from "Full Metal Jacket".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhA3IO-HdTs

From The Internet Movie Database:

When Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson were writing the part of the Drill Sergeant in the graveyard, they wrote the part as a spoof of R. Lee Ermey's character in "Full Metal Jacket" (1987) with the intention of getting an actor in New Zealand for the role. But they didn't feel the actors who auditioned were right, and finally ended up approaching Ermey himself.

That video was FUNNY as can be. I like how he told Michael there's a piece of dirt with his name on it waiting for him, the little maggot! ...LOL!!! :D:D:D

And Mr. Ermey doing a double Rambo with 2 -50 Calibers. FUNNY!!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    His character was killed by private Pyle in FMJ, so to have him in the cemetery was brilliant. Looks like he was posthumously awarded the rank of 1st Sgt.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Gunny was a "Mans" Man, RIP Sir

My sentiments exactly. Semper Fi
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    My brother was in boot camp at Camp Pendleton so, through R. Lee's superb portrayal of a D.I., I got to "see" what my brother was actually going through. After my brother finished boot camp, and we talked bout the movie, he said it was VERY realistic.

R.I.P.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    RIP, sad for sure.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills