Where Do I find part??

These pins are impossible to remove and reuse....to shorten a 2 wire power cable to my receiver. Its just easier at this point to find a new female socket with the 2 pins....anyone, anyone?d0vfhobpm3gb.jpeg
sbneom7knac6.jpeg
c6kuwxfhqo3u.jpeg

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited April 2018
    The pins are released from the back side with a thin pick.

From your description, that's an external power plug? For a receiver? And its not IEC? Very odd.

Edit: a picture of the face will help in matching.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    No its internal...darnitt. I got frustated and gave the power cord a couple of small loops on the inside and put it back together.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You buy parts like that at Mouser or Digikey. They are a Molex type connector.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    In the halcyon days of yore, one could walk into the neighborhood Radio Shack and just pick one up.

v2v3xaxgr5a6.png

source: www.radioshackcatalogs.com (1980)

(yeah, not exactly the same connectors, but they did have 'em and I am too lazy to look any harder)
    FestYboy wrote: »
    The pins are released from the back side with a thin pick.

From your description, that's an external power plug? For a receiver? And its not IEC? Very odd.

Edit: a picture of the face will help in matching.

It is as he says. The pins (or sockets as the case may be) for each wire slide into the connector and click into place with a small metal finger. That finger can (should) be fairly easy to push back with a fine pointed or flat blade too, and allow the wire and connector to be pulled out from the 'back' of the connector.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I use something similar to the below. The end of the tool is a thin walled tube that pushes the pins down for easy removal.
    b2bpy2gsxm3t.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Thank you gentlemen...you are truly a wealth of knowledge. Ill go online shopping later, as my el cheapo solution will have to be changed sooner or later. mhardy6647...you should open an audio museum in your house, as it never ceases to amaze me with what you have stored away.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    While these connectors are supposed to be standard there are so many to choose from. Without precise measurements and looking at the technical drawing its easy to get them mixed up.

For a little insurance spend the extra dollar and buy the set of male and female plugs.