Finally stepped up the sub's

Comments

• mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    Play Daft Punks Tron Legacy soundtrack, specifically Solar Salier. Deep and the right frequency will make your floor resonate.
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    Glad to hear they are working out for you.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited April 2018
    Couple really good jazz-fusion tracks that utilize the low B string on a 5 string electric bass:

1. The John Scofield Band - Überjam - "Jungle Fiction"
    2. The Greyboy Allstars - What Happened to Television? - "Old School Cyclons"
    3. The Cinematic Orchestra - Every Day - "Flite" and "Man With the Movie Camera"

And a classic sub-killer, from the R&B/Soul side of things:
    1. Erykah Badu - Baduizm - "Rimshot"

If you can hear all those bass lines cleanly and clearly without distortion or a significant drop in volume, you know you are dealing with a real sub(s)!
    Post edited by rooftop59 on
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • TEAforONE wrote: »
    Glad to hear they are working out for you.

Thanks man yeah they are a HUGE step up from what I'd experienced
  • Depth charge scenes in U-571 will light you up...

On it!
  • mpitogo wrote: »
    Play Daft Punks Tron Legacy soundtrack, specifically Solar Salier. Deep and the right frequency will make your floor resonate.

Oh he'll yeah I love that soundtrack
  • rooftop59 wrote: »
    Couple really good jazz-fusion tracks that utilize the low B string on a 5 string electric bass:

1. The John Scofield Band - Überjam - "Jungle Fiction"
    2. The Greyboy Allstars - What Happened to Television? - "Old School Cyclons"
    3. The Cinematic Orchestra - Every Day - "Flite" and "Man With the Movie Camera"

And a classic sub-killer, from the R&B/Soul side of things:
    1. Erykah Badu - Baduizm - "Rimshot"

If you can hear all those bass lines cleanly and clearly without distortion or a significant drop in volume, you know you are dealing with a real sub(s)!

I'm gonna hit em all up this weekend I love jazz and R&B
  • I tell you what thanks guys so much to hear so much to do I appreciate all the ideas
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited April 2018
    There is so much you can demo, watch and listen to. No matter what it is, it will all sound so much better. It's not just about all that great deep bass under 35hz. What is above that is so much nicer too.

Welcome to the real world of home audio :)

U571 is a blast, World War Z, Serenity and many others. Star Wars #2 opening is great. My mother in-law was living with us when I went from a VTF2 to a VTF3, HSU said it has 3X the output. I guess it does MIL on the first track thought we were having an earthquake.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mrloren wrote: »
    There is so much you can demo, watch and listen to. No matter what it is, it will all sound so much better. It's not just about all that great deep bass under 35hz. What is above that is so much nicer too.

Welcome to the real world of home audio :)

U571 is a blast, World War Z, Serenity and many others. Star Wars #2 opening is great. My mother in-law was living with us when I went from a VTF2 to a VTF3, HSU said it has 3X the output. I guess it does MIL on the first track thought we were having an earthquake.

Ahhhhhhh it feels so good to finally arrive lol yeah one of the reasons I went with SVS is that Bjorn's matches they're Bill of Rights so next year I can trade up which is what I'm planning to do. The ones I want to get have 2× I think they said the output of the PB2000's after that I'll be happy cuz anything more will be to much. But man I'm enjoying these babies and I got a whole year to love em! Your so right tho real sound is amazing. Even vocals and dialogue its amazing just how important the bass is to the entire soundtrack music or movies
  • mpitogo
    Movies -

-The invasion scenes in War of the Worlds Tom Cruze version
    -The reactor meltdown in Passengers
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited April 2018
    mpitogo wrote: »
    Movies -

Oh yeah, how could I forget War of the Worlds! That scene rattled my neighbors dishes.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mrloren wrote: »
    Movies -

Oh yeah, how could I forget War of the Worlds! That scene rattled my neighbors dishes.

That's my goal tommorow to rattle my neighbors dishes.
  • If I have to sell my subs because I get in trouble with my HOA I'll let u guys have first crack at em
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    HOAs can go # themselves... Nobody is going to tell me what I can and can't do on MY property.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    My buddy is house hunting and he said he was looking at a place that had a nice patio out back, but the terms in the HOA said no smoking on the back patio.

Isn't that what a back patio is for?! Ridiculous.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    HOAs can go # themselves... Nobody is going to tell me what I can and can't do on MY property.

• mpitogo
    WTF no smoking?!? that’s crazy, I look forward to it every spring, summer fall, ribs, pulled pork, brisket.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    If not already listed, the first 1 minute of Edge of Tomorrow, then skip to the first battle scene.....

Enders Game has some good bass too at certain points.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    Glad you like the new subs. Having an SB-2000 myself, it's the first subwoofer I was ever able to integrate well with the front speakers. Not sure if it's because of the quality of the sub, or my being more knowledgeable at this point.

I have to check to make sure the sub is actually on, because the sound seems to come from everywhere, it's not localized like some subs get, which has always been my distain for subs in the past. SVS makes a heck of a product at these price points.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    If not already listed, the first 1 minute of Edge of Tomorrow, then skip to the first battle scene.....
    At first I was baffled why an old soap opera would have excellent bass, but then I realized I was confusing TWO of them with the Tom Cruise film. :p

d9hc8c0da5ch.jpg

eo91a9ughg7o.jpg

• FestYboy wrote: »

I'm with u brother! All the way!
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    My buddy is house hunting and he said he was looking at a place that had a nice patio out back, but the terms in the HOA said no smoking on the back patio.

Isn't that what a back patio is for?! Ridiculous.
    FestYboy wrote: »

They're kind off a necessary evil but still evil! Lol
  • Clipdat
    I think it meant cigarettes, cigars, etc. I wonder if a green egg would be acceptable though? If so that doesn't make much sense.
    WTF no smoking?!? that’s crazy, I look forward to it every spring, summer fall, ribs, pulled pork, brisket.

• tonyb wrote: »
    Glad you like the new subs. Having an SB-2000 myself, it's the first subwoofer I was ever able to integrate well with the front speakers. Not sure if it's because of the quality of the sub, or my being more knowledgeable at this point.

I have to check to make sure the sub is actually on, because the sound seems to come from everywhere, it's not localized like some subs get, which has always been my distain for subs in the past. SVS makes a heck of a product at these price points.

Man Tonyb I feel ya these 2 PB 2000's just disappear. What's really cool is they are so musical for a ported sub that part really really surprised me. The only other ported sub I've had that musical was an old school MTX I bought from circuit city it was highly regarded back in the day I forget the model a 12 inch downfiring 150 watt a/b amp man I loved that sub for music
  • You know the only thing thing that sucks tho guys? My parents were supposed to visit next week they came today a week early. Man I think I wanna cry! I thought I'd have these big beautiful beasts all to myself this whole week and know they're just staring at me! And they're telling me dirty things! And I like what they're saying BUT I CANT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT TILL MY FOLKS LEAVE!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
  • Clipdat
    Two words: Movie night.

(Every night)

(Every night)

Hah hah hell yeah!

(Every night)

Hah hah hell yeah!