RTia9

Is this enough to power my RTia9 speakers in stereo mode? I will only using them for stereo.

Comments

• rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,720
    All they can do is look pretty with your current set up of only speakers.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,311
    Robissimo wrote: »
    Is this enough to power my RTia9 speakers in stereo mode? I will only using them for stereo.

Dude, there is some information missing vital to answering your question...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • RobissimoRobissimo Posts: 4
    Marantz PM6006
  • rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,720
    A more robust amplifier would be a better choice. All those woofers crave a lot of current.
  • verbverb Posts: 2,732
    Agreed. See below on the Marantz:

g5oeiaa63zuk.png

From Polk website, but the key here is a high current amp. Lot's of threads here on that subject. It's not just a matter of watts.

yj8wbf9nab84.png

Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,980
    Robissimo wrote: »
    Marantz PM6006

Not even close.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• tonybtonyb Posts: 29,312
    Agree with everyone above. You need a hefty dose of power for the A9's. Look for used Parasound HCA 1200 or 1500, B&k amps, McCormack, Belles, Rotel, just to name a few.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,960
    Will they play, yes. Will they operate to their full potential, not even close. Please get a separate amp.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,405
    I will add that pro amps, while they work, are NOT a good solution.
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
  • greg5515greg5515 Posts: 3
    Hello new guy here Have had Polk speakers since the early eighties love them Have some R TIA 9 And some older RTI sixteens from the early eighties Just ordered to a atoll av500 I was told the ants have a break in period before they will sound good wondering if anyone else as use these amps to power their Polk speakers And if you are happy with them
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,980
    greg5515 wrote: »
    Hello new guy here Have had Polk speakers since the early eighties love them Have some R TIA 9 And some older RTI sixteens from the early eighties Just ordered to a atoll av500 I was told the ants have a break in period before they will sound good wondering if anyone else as use these amps to power their Polk speakers And if you are happy with them

Yeah, those ants have to break dance for their meal first.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

I've never heard of them ants. But that's really light for a 5 channel amp - 26 pounds. 85 wpc is on the low end for those beasts.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,871
    660VA transformer for 5 channels! I see blown tweeters in your future...
    edited April 6
    It's a French amp..... :)
    Post edited by KennethSwauger on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,804
    Some gear comes with white gloves. French gear comes with a white flag.
    I did listen To some R TIA nines With a single amp After it warmed up It sounded unbelievable I thought For me I just wanted more power I did order to in stereo they put out a 100 W per With 2 amps That will be 200 w Per channel I'll let you know what I think after they break in But if it sounds like my friends with 1amp But more power I believe I'll be happy I've read some reviews or they say they rival Tube apps I suggest you give 1A listen Thank you would need to given opinion Thanks for the input though
    edited April 6
    I did listen To some R TIA nines With a single amp After it warmed up It sounded unbelievable I thought For me I just wanted more power I did order to in stereo they put out a 100 W per With 2 amps That will be 200 w Per channel I'll let you know what I think after they break in But if it sounds like my friends with 1amp But more power I believe I'll be happy I've read some reviews or they say they rival Tube apps I suggest you give 1A listen Thank you would need to given opinion Thanks for the input though

Dude, I know it's the internet and a casual forum conversation but PUNCTUATION is greatly appreciated. And it might get you better feedback. I cannot read your posts and I lost my decoder ring...
    HT Rig:

Master Bedroom
    ?
    ?

Well....that's a start.
  • Msabot1Msabot1 Posts: 2,097

There's ants in the kitchen baby...thought I'd let you know....there's ants in the kitchen baby..thought I'd let ya know...there's two right there making off with the stereo....
    ?

What we are trying to tell you is that you have one endless run on sentence that is impossible to read. You have several sentences that need periods!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    edited April 6
    Msabot1 wrote: »

Greg5515, please see your rewritten post and note all the correct changes so that you can post in paragraphs, and correct sentences that will make it easier for us to give you advice.
    Welcome to Club Polk.

Hello, new guy here.

I have had Polk speakers since the early eighties and I love them. I have some RTIA 9, and some older RTI sixteens from the early eighties.

I have just ordered an Atoll av500. I was told the ants have a break in period before they will sound good.

I was wondering if anyone else has used these amps to power their Polk speakers, and if you are happy with them.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,669
    Cathy the grammar cop is on patrol!
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,226
    But she still didn't correct "ants" to "amps".
    Got Dayens?
  • verbverb Posts: 2,732
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Cathy the grammar cop is on patrol!

@Viking64 Jimmy you have competition! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,405
    yeah, all this time I thought my SoCal education was lacking...
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010, Emotiva BasX-A300
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk MC80
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
    verb wrote: »
    @Viking64 Jimmy you have competition! :smile:
    I am more than willing to share my crown. (See avatar.) :p
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,244
    edited April 6
    5zxm7fqb0hdu.jpg

Get yourself a Parasound A21 or a A31, that's what I'm using to power my beasts, warming them up this very minute for movie night, get a good amp on your A9's.

I think the wife's calling huh what honey I'm having trouble hearing you let me turn it down a bit what dinner ok I'll be up in a second B)
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    If you don't find his posts painful to read, you have got mad skills! Me, I needed an aspirin after reading his posts.

LOL, I thought Ants was his way of abbreviating then name of the amp. LOL! :o
    Cathy, your doing good actually, if all you need is an aspirin. Me...I need to swallow a half dozen tide pods and chase it with a quart of deer p~iss.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac