Mw 6502 seized

2»

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Gorilla glue

Gorilla Glue suuuuucks. I've never had that junk hold two of anything together.

Super/Krazy glue would probably work better. :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Bwahahaha, that was too easy :p

The shop I used to work at liked to use Loctite 495 for repairs like that. Just enough tension to keep from completely wicking through the spider, and strong as hell.
  • mn_polk_guy
    mn_polk_guy Posts: 102
    Well ive got my shifted woofer in the jig right now...playing sub test tones and not getting any coil rub. B)B)B)
    Monitor 4.6, 5jr, 5, 7, 10, 11. RTA 8TL. RTA 11T. SDA 2B.
  • FestYboy
    Pics! We like 'em.
  • mn_polk_guy
    My screws didnt stay very straight. And my rear facing camera stopped focusing on my phone.
  • mn_polk_guy
    Also got overzealous witht the loctite
  • FestYboy
    Cool. Looks like the basket is a bit off kilter to the PVC, but if there's no rub, it'll be ready for service tomorrow night. Just leave it in the rig till then.
  • mn_polk_guy
    Yeah i used a coupler that was maybe slightly too big but when screwed down it was very tight when i started. Will be leaving it all night. Should i power grab both sides of the magnet when done?
  • FestYboy
    Provided the plates and magnet were cleaned of all old adhesive prior to Loctite being applied, the power grab will be just added insurance.
  • mn_polk_guy
    Yeah scraped clean with a razor blade and wiped clean.
  • mn_polk_guy
    Attempt one failed. Last night i checked it one last time and she was locked up. Wouldlt not budge so had to break the new locktite loose and see what happend. Some of the loctite worked its way down the coil and started to cure. I think my pvc is too flimsy and the screws started to bend some. Everythings clean again and the magnet is centerd on the basket and solid just have to get this pole piece in correctly and with out too much loctite.
  • FestYboy
    A little dab will do ya. I recommend that the gap between the magnet and pvc be filled to secure the flexing.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    So what would glue would you guys recoment to glue the spider to the cone on a passive. One came loose on my 8 inch in a moniotor 5? found it after i put new gasket in to fix air leaks. Still had some noise after putting them back together.

When I did the PR's on my 1C's I used Shoe Goo (clear version) Be quick about it though because it starts setting up within a couple of minutes. I used a Q-tip to spread it around on both sides before recoupling.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mn_polk_guy
    I ended up using some loctite super glue gel on the passive worked well... Also got this mid woofer working again after a few attempts. Locked the coil up with the red loctite the first time.