Newegg deal for Denon with Signature Series

Newegg has a deal right now for a Denon AVR-X3400H along with 2 S60 towers, a S35 center channel, an HTS12 subwoofer for $1829. I've been looking at getting the S60 and S35 for a new house being built in August, and the Denon is one of the receivers I was looking at as well. Do these kind of deals come around often? I don't really want to buy it now, because then it has to survive the move into the new house, but I don't want to miss a deal like this. Should I pounce on this while I can, or should I wait and see what is available in August? Also, is Newegg a trustworthy site to order from? Would some of the warranty's be void from not purchasing from an authorized dealer? Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Newegg is on Polk's official list of online dealers.

https://www.polkaudio.com/authorized-online-dealers
    mlurie31 wrote: »
    Also, is Newegg a trustworthy site to order from? Would some of the warranty's be void from not purchasing from an authorized dealer?

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    You have to be careful with Newegg. They sell a lot of products but their site also lists products from third parties. It is a lot like Amazon. When you look at an item it should say who it is "sold by" in the description.

I got some good deals from some of these other sellers but it was not anything where a warranty mattered. Also the price can jump around a lot.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    delkal wrote: »
    You have to be careful with Newegg. They sell a lot of products but their site also lists products from third parties. It is a lot like Amazon. When you look at an item it should say who it is "sold by" in the description.

I got some good deals from some of these other sellers but it was not anything where a warranty mattered. Also the price can jump around a lot.

Agreed. Years ago they just sold computer stuff, now you can by a lawnmower from them! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.