Denon DCD-1600NE CD/SACD player

ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,509
edited April 2 in Electronics
As seen in @Rick88's JBL speaker thread, let's talk about the Denon SACD player, the not so eloquently named DCD-1600NE:

denon-dcd-1600ne-composants.jpg

DCD-1600NEE2_SP-BK_DNTXILoezbmhwy.jpg

5088abaf5f313a772a9ad743bb12befa.jpg

Specs:

Mechanism SVH Loader

D/A Conversion Advanced Segment

DAC IC PCM1795 (192kHz/32bit)

Frequency Response (Cust.) 2 Hz - 50 kHz

Dynamic Range (SA) 112 dB

Signal to Noise Ratio (SA) 117 dB

Total Harmonic Distortion (SA) 0.001%

Frequency Response 2 Hz - 20 kHz

Dynamic Range 101 dB

Signal to Noise Ratio 116 dB

Total Harmonic Distortion 0.0018%

Price: $1,200. I wonder how it compares to Marantz SACD players? Anyone want to take one for the team and order one to review it?

Got Dayens?

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,509
    edited April 5
    @Rick88 This is still listed for sale on MusicDirect's website. Did you get some insight that they jumped the gun on these being available for sale in the US?
    Got Dayens?
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,863
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @Rick88 This is still listed for sale on MusicDirect's website. Did you get some insight that they jumped the gun on these being available for sale in the US?

Only in silver, looks like the black will be available.

To confirm, I'll ask the sales associate that is handling the broken grill peg for me.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.”
    ~ Johnny Cash

edited April 5
    Ah ok, well I want it black anyway!

Did you notice that the remote looks exactly the same as Marantz remotes? I meant it makes sense because same company, but yeah.

Still interested in how this compares in sound to Marantz's well respected SACD players.

71ix26aWfcL._SL1500_.jpg
    Rick88 wrote: »

To confirm, I'll ask the sales associate that is handling the broken grill peg for me.

Got Dayens?
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,863
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Ah ok, well I want it black anyway!

Did you notice that the remote looks exactly the same as Marantz remotes? I meant it makes sense because same company, but yeah. yep

Still interested in how this compares in sound to Marantz's well respected SACD players. me too
    Rick88 wrote: »

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.”
    ~ Johnny Cash

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,564
    Those remotes are a carry over from the Denon 3910 DVD player series. IMO Marantz has copied the Denon's. When the Denon 3910 first came out Marantz remotes looked much different.
    edited July 9
    Update: I still want this.

I have to wonder, why no front USB or rear digital inputs? Why lock that internal DAC down to strictly discs?
    Got Dayens?