In-Wall Speaker Wire?

Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,867
What are you guys using??

I was using Audioquest 14/2, I’m in the middle of remodeling our basement/HT room. I asked Dan and he suggested using the 14/4 and doubling the wires since my rear surrounds will be 30+ foot runs..

I’m going to route them different while I have the basement in mess mode, so I will be pulling new wire..

Comments

• anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 2,479
    I use the Monoprice 12AWG CL2. I have it in both the surround sound system in the family room, as well as for powering the LSi9s in my sunroom with pretty long runs (~25ft) from the amp. In both applications, I am very happy with the performance.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,967
    I'm using JSC Wire & Cable 12awg CL3 rated wire for my surrounds. If I had to do it over again, I think I'd go with some of the CL3 rated Furez Doug sells.

https://douglasconnection.com/Raw-Speaker-Cable_c33.htm

I bought some of the 10awg for a different project & really like it. Pretty flexible for a larger cable.
  • ThomasDThomasD Posts: 153
    DaveHo wrote: »
    I'm using JSC Wire & Cable 12awg CL3 rated wire for my surrounds. If I had to do it over again, I think I'd go with some of the CL3 rated Furez Doug sells.

https://douglasconnection.com/Raw-Speaker-Cable_c33.htm

I bought some of the 10awg for a different project & really like it. Pretty flexible for a larger cable.

Remodeling our basement and went to order my 'go to' Belden 5T00UP 10 awg. CL2 for inwall & speaker leads. My contractor price jumped up to almost $1.50 per foot & could only order 500' minimum. Must be a supply & demand, it was under $.90 per ft. my last order & copper prices have dropped. :| Frustrating :| . So decided to go ahead and try the Furez 10 awg. in their 250' put up. It's a little larger diameter. Has anyone used this for their speaker leads? I make mine up with Furez copper banana plugs & ViaBlue braided sleeves.
    Carver M1.0t, M200t, C2, TX2
    Rega Brio, Cambridge 351C, Pro-Ject Acryl TT
    Polk SDA 2a's, M7c's w/ full TL upgrade, M4a's
    Klipsch Quartets, KG4's, KG1's
  • ab0tjab0tj Posts: 40
    I used Monoprice in wall cable in the last house I was living in. I was happy with it as well
    Marantz SR6012, Parasound HCA-2200II, LSiM705 L/R, S35 center (yeah, I know...), 2x PSW505
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,933
    edited July 9
    Furez 14/2, but I’ve also used their 14/4, 10/2 as well.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)