There’s a Bose copycat?

Options
Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,519
I didn’t know that it could be true. Bose has got to be better than these.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8gi9d-carrara-acoustics-c-2000-processors
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    youre still looking for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, aren't you?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Joey, the following sentence is not directed at you personally in any way. Just to the whole USofA.

White Van Distributorships available soon in your area. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Gee a knock off that Bose sells for a grand. Shows how cheap they are to make. Me I don't see how 2.5" speakers can match "real speakers"
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    1500W and HDTV?!? Says it's Professional, too. 36lbs. Man, that spells *real* quality.

I can't believe there's no bids. I'm definitely watching this, and gonna snipe everyone else at the end. You watch, these'll be mine.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    So if you get them are you going to blast them in the garage or just go for "attack of the mad axeman" ?
    msg wrote: »
    1500W and HDTV?!? Says it's Professional, too. 36lbs. Man, that spells *real* quality.

I can't believe there's no bids. I'm definitely watching this, and gonna snipe everyone else at the end. You watch, these'll be mine.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    They are only 15 miles from me. I may snag them and compare them to my 1.2tls. :)
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    Options
    Dude, don't make me munk you up!
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    They are only 15 miles from me. I may snag them and compare them to my 1.2tls. :)

Loren, I had to look that up.
    you clever sob... lol
    but in all seriousness - the latter.
    mrloren wrote: »
    So if you get them are you going to blast them in the garage or just go for "attack of the mad axeman" ?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    Those speakers look stylish and remind me of the renowned sports car the Portia Carrara 911.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Bose copycat? Heh -- that's how Polk Audio started out.
    In case you (the OP) didn't know that.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/195946
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/528076#Comment_528076

That's why they had all of those 4 inch CTS drivers that ended up in the Model Nine.

12801319773_b958bc4f1b_b.jpgmodelnine by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    ...36lbs. Man, that spells *real* quality....

My cables weigh more than that....
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    My cable risers weigh more than that!
    daddyjt wrote: »
    My cables weigh more than that....

• Joey_V
    Options
    Professional home theater
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Let's have some fun. Ask them a question. :p
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Professional home theater

do they provide in home professional installations
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Options
    I wouldn't let them in my house. :o:#
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My speakers **** those on low notes. :p I guess p o o p isn’t allowed. :*
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • msg
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I wouldn't let them in my house. :o:#
    The speakers or the installers?

How much burn-in time do they need before they sound their best?
    (Or catch the mantle ablaze)
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The installers. They usually have to go get their drugs asap after the sale of similar products. Always. ;)

My neighbor got burned on those Mach one look-alikes. I bought a pair for 40.00 I think at a church bazzar. He bought 2 pairs for 800.00 from some guys in a white van. For real. They sound ok, like bose but 400 a pair? OUCH. He tryed selling me a pair for years and years. His price kept dropping until he got to 200 a pair. He stopped there and he didn't ask me ever again. Thank God. :# This is the same design but of newer constuction.
    wdszkavcy2da.png
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    The installers. They usually have to go get their drugs asap after the sale of similar products. Always. ;)

My neighbor got burned on those Mach one look-alikes. I bought a pair for 40.00 I think at a church bazzar. He bought 2 pairs for 800.00 from some guys in a white van. For real. They sound ok, like bose but 400 a pair? OUCH. He tryed selling me a pair for years and years. His price kept dropping until he got to 200 a pair. He stopped there and he didn't ask me ever again. Thank God. :#

Friends don’t let friends buy bose

Or fake bose, that’s even worse
  • Tony M
    Options
    I didn't know him then. He wasn't my neighbor at the time he bought those. And I doubt he'd listen to me anyway.

He went and bought new woofers for his Cewin Vega D9's because the surrounds disintegrated since I helped him aquire them years and years ago.
    If not for me, he wouldn't have known they were for sale for 200.00 for the pair from a co-worker of mine. I hooked him up big-time, went with him to get them and then helped him place them in his house. Did I ever get a happy meal? no, nothing, ever. Ungrateful people. ;) I've met a ton of them.

But anyway, about a year ago I told him I could re-foam them for him for no cost but he'd have to pay the 30.00 for the surround foam. What does he do? He went and bought new woofers. :s I don't understand some people!!

I should ask him what he ever did with those old 15" CV woofers. I could make some subs with them after re-foaming them!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    On the box........MSRP $2999.00
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Radio Shack Mach One knock-offs.

Oh, the humanity.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    Options
    I couldn't log in to post a question (can't remember my login) but I was going to ask for the dimensions of each speaker because I drive a Porsche Carrara and want to see if this system would fit in my ride.

.... and yes, I know it's Porsche CarrEra, but work with me on this. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Is the Carrara the White Van Porschee?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    5d814r8xfjig.png

Just -- ewwww.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    The box says they have "custom crossover circuitry". I think that is supposed to be "cussed 'em crossover circuitry". When the *cough* "engineer" designed the crossover, everybody cussed 'em out.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    You could probably use those woofers for a wok.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Just looking at them makes my ears hurt.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2