Xbox one to Xbox one X

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
Hello all,
I just upgraded to the Xbox one X from the original One. The Design is totally different and in way I feel it looks cheaper despite it's $499 cost.
But in terms of performance it's a no contest . I wanted to get one anyway as I'm moving to 4k video once I settle on a damn TV. I really want a OLED but I also feel they are not ready for prime time. I'm so on the fence trying to own a LED.

Anyway I also didn't just upgrade to upgrade to prepare for 4k. I also had an issue with my One that I thought it was finished. What would happen is you would turn it on it would get to the Xbox One green screen and then the One would shut off. I researched it , learned all the things you can do or why it would do that and I couldn't get it to work. Easy fix to get the One X but when I did the I learned why the One was shutting off.
I have a 2TB external Western Digital Hard drive that I used for external storage on the One. I loaded all my games on that and it really made a speed improvement over using the internal hard drive.
Lately it wouldn't connect to the one and I would have to power cycle the drive and then it would work. Well it completely failed and having it connected to the One made it shut off during boot up. I didn't know this until I connected the drive to the One X and it did the same thing. As soon as I removed the drive, both the One and One X works as they should.
I was kinda pissed about it and really not to much other then I couldn't just connect it to the One X and have all my games ready. I had to load the ones I'm playing right now onto the Internal drive of the One X. It has a 1TB drive so that cool for now and with One X seems to load as fast as the One with the external drive. I'm assuming since it has a much better spec this is the reason.
Anyway I just wanted to share that with anyone who thinks their One is broke and is using a external hard drive. Disconnect the external hard drive and see if it fixes your issue.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    Thanks for leaving the feedback. If and when I jump to a 4k display I would likely upgrade my XBone to the X as well.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Make sure you get a 4k that supports HDR
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Thanks for the info! I’m likely waiting till the next Halo forces me to upgrade.

AVR has 4K passthrough but I’m still rocking my 60” Panasonic Plasma so no real 4K need yet.

I refuse to buy a new TV while my plasma is still working unless I decide to move it upstairs to my loft to replace the 43” there but that’s only gonna happen when I have money to burn which isn’t anytime soon.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)