WD My cloud NAS Drive with Time Machine

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
Hello all,
I picked up a My Cloud NAS drive and would like to replace my Time Machine with it.
I can't seem to figure out how to set it up to do so. I have the drive online , I downloaded the iPhone app and backed up my camera roll on it. I see it on my network and my Mac can see it but Time Machine doesn't see it as a back up drive.
I read online that you have to setup Backups on the drive but I can't seem to figure that out.

Thanks in advance for any help
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Thanks man but thats not the issue. It's the WD my cloud drive isn't setup for Time machine backups and thats what I'm trying to figure out.
    I have setup Time machine many times on many macs but they where always with a Apple Time Capsule which is designed for Time Machine. The My Cloud Home WD drive is just a local NAS drive storage device that says it can use Time machine.
    Setup I saw on the website was for another drive which had a desk top App that allowed you to turn on backups from Time Machine. This one I don't see how you can do that. I'm thinking I got the wrong drive.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Possible the way the HD is formatted?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • JLStice
    JLStice Posts: 41
    edited March 2018
    Options