Popping & Clicking - Subwoofer & rear channels

Hello forum!

I have a magnifi sound bar and I also purchased the rear channels separately. Overall, I'm very happy with the soundbar but I'm still getting popping and clicking noises from the sub and rear channels. I bought a couple of 50 foot Ethernet cables and a network switch and moved my (powerful) linksys gaming router as far from the the soundbar as I could get it, which is 9 feet. I have the following devices near the soundbar (underneath in the entertainment console or next to the soundbar) and I'm wondering if anyone thinks I need to move any other devices away from the soundbar. Also, the majority of my devices are hardwired to the network switch (& router) and I would assume that's a good thing and is causing less interference than a wifi connection.

In entertainment console, underneath the soundbar:
Nintento Switch dock (wifi only)
Steam Link (hardwired & unplugged for now)
PS4 - Hardwired connection
Xfinity box (hardwired)
Sonos bridge (hardwired)
cable modem

Next to the soundbar on top:
Network switch (all hardwired)
Sennheiser headphones for TV connected with optical (for hard of hearing roommate)

Input is greatly appreciated!

Answers

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I would try and unplug and move the devices one at a time, then if the clicking stops you know that whatever’s the last thing you moved was the thing that was causing it.
    If the rear speakers and sub are fairly close together it could maybe be something on the receiving end, but that doesn’t seem likely.
    And welcome to Club Polk!
  • mlistens03
    edited March 2018
    Oh and if that doesn’t work go move the sound bar to somewhere else in your house or something and try it there, see if the problem persists. If it does, I would contact polk and see what they can do for you. Their phone number is 1-800-377-7655.
  • Thanks mlistens03! I think I'm going to give Polk another call. Seems like everything was OK but then one of the rear channels made this violent shrieking noise out of the blue. Maybe it could be that this is just life with wireless speakers. My only concern is that the interference noise is somehow damaging the speaker(s).
  • mlistens03
    MDonnan23 wrote: »
    Thanks mlistens03! I think I'm going to give Polk another call. Seems like everything was OK but then one of the rear channels made this violent shrieking noise out of the blue. Maybe it could be that this is just life with wireless speakers. My only concern is that the interference noise is somehow damaging the speaker(s).

Definitely give Polk a call. I think that this is a defective unit, not interference. And btw, my grandma has wireless speakers and they don’t pop or make any noise at all. Well, actually, they do make some noise, but only the noise they are supposed to make :wink: . I would still try and move your equipment away, but I don’t think it’ll work.
    Let me know of you need any more help, but I think the Polk customer service will take good care of you :smile:
  • henninge
    henninge Posts: 52
    See my poll and vote. I'm getting pretty choked and it seems I'm not alone