Crossover Board Location

Options
I recently picked up a pair of early DCM Time Windows. I am currently in the process of rebuilding/restoring them. I made new crossover boards and installed new caps, resistors and internal wiring. The c/o was originally mounted on the top inside the cabinet facing down. I changed the orientation of the air core inductors so instead of laying flat they are standing on end. See pictures. If I mount the c/o in the same place the inductors will be very close to the magnets of the 6" drivers. In my research, some people say that this can be a problem while other say it is not a problem. My other option is to perhaps mount them on the side of the cabinet below the tweeters. What do you all think??77agl4j7dr4g.jpg
5pscj0ikmssm.jpg
l9znw3u3lujs.jpg
erys4wg5rf7x.jpg
ewwbzy4ntqnc.jpg
u1rhehhzatma.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Move the crossover away from the driver magnet.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    "Move the crossover away from the driver magnet."

What would be a minimum distance?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    As far away as possible.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Think of it this way: why did Polk mount the XO right at on terminal cup? It was 2 fold, packaging, and it placed the XO far away from any magnetic field (usually). Obviously cabinet size incurrs it's own limitations.
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I have decided to mount them on the side of the cabinet below the tweeters.