FS: Auralic Aries Mini (Black)

I bought this from Skip a few days ago and I'm gonna go in another direction. It sounds great and the functionality is great, but I'm personally not a fan of the interface on the stock Lightning DS app. I'm very particular with how I like to browse and play my music because my collection is so large and I listen to so much of it on a regular basis and virtually none of the apps on these streaming devices do what I want, how I want. Apparently I'm the only one on the planet with this issue because I've scoured the internet and nobody else has the same needs I do of a music app.

I also happen to be in the minority of audiophiles who actually hate Roon as I don't like the way the software mucks with the tags on my music, so even though this thing also supports Roon I'll never use that functionality either.

I also don't use Tidal or any of the other music streaming services, also apparently in the very small minority on that one. My music collection just eclipsed 10TB, I feel like I'm covered.

So what I'm left with is a device that again sounds great and has tons of great functionality that it turns out I'll never use and an app that everyone else seems to love but I personally don't like.

This thing is brand new, all I've done is hook it up and update the firmware and such, but it arrived here brand new a couple days ago and is obviously still in perfect condition. It's not Skip's fault that it didn't work out for me, so I'm going to list here at a bit of a loss and see if someone is interested.

I paid $500 for it, I'd like to get most of that back if possible...$450 gets this shipped to your door...probably not the absolute cheapest price you can find but you also get the assurance that a fellow Polkie has you taken care of with any warranty issues.

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,137
    very trusted seller. Danny is the best.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I know you’re just trying to butter me up for first dibs on the next iPad or MacBook lol
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I forgot to mention, I’m also on the hunt for a USB DAC and think I know what I’m getting, but if someone has one they’re thinking about selling i would be open to a trade plus cash from me for a good DAC
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2018
    I’d say your a great seller but my backing you doesn’t likely help as I’m a scalliwag and a known associate of Russ lol.

I will say I was sad we didn’t properly meet at last years LSAF. I know quite a few folks who hold your opinions on gear in high regard.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I'll be back at LSAF this year, hope you're able to make it.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    I’d say your a great seller but my backing you doesn’t likely help as I’m a scalliwag and a known associate of Russ lol.

I will say I was sad we didn’t properly meet at last years LSAF. I know quite a few folks who hold your opinions on gear in high regard.

It's because Danny can ear a gnatfart, what he lacks in vision, goes to his ears, not kidding
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I'll be back at LSAF this year, hope you're able to make it.

Probably not in the cards this year for a variety of reasons. And that sucks lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @AsSiMiLaTeD Does JRiver work? I thought I read that it did.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    It does, you set the Auralic to UPnP Renderer mode and JRiver picks it up. If this doesn't sell I'll use it as a JRiver playback device, but that seems like such a waste of the potential of the Aries, it's so full featured I'd hate to relegate it to use as a generic UPnP Renderer.
  • afterburnt
    I would buy it off of you but my funds are on hold. I understand your issue with lightning, it is lame that a genre search yields albums only not a list of the artist. I sort of get around that by making a playlist. @DSkip, tell Auralic to fix this.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,137
    So have an mf dac that I don't need any more. Let me pull it out for some info.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I’ve got a trade in the works so consider this sold
  • afterburnt
    @AsSiMiLaTeD what are you going to use to navigate your collection? I noticed something else weird with lightning, there is an album that only shows up under genre it is no where to be found under artist. This is probably not the only occurrence but I hope it is because I can't remember what is in my collection. Sometimes I think I have something when I don't.